Posted in Other 4 days ago.
Power Quality Assurance Lead - US
Reference Code:84464Location:United States (US)-Houston,TXJob Category:Project ServicesEmployment Type:Employee Full-timeRelocation Eligibility:This position is not eligible for our relocation programApplication Deadline: 05/14/2021
We all need energy. It warms our homes, cooks our food, gives us light, and gets us where we need to go. It also improves our quality of life in countless other ways. At TC Energy, our job is to deliver that energy to millions of people who depend on it across North America. And we take our job very seriously.
Guided by our values of safety, integrity, responsibility and collaboration, we develop and operate our facilities safely, reliably and with care for our impact on the environment. With our presence across the continent, our people play an active role in building strong communities.
We're proud of how our hard work and commitment sets us apart and benefits society, every day. We're looking for new team members who share our values and are ready to take on exciting challenges.
Our Quality Assurance team is evolving to meet the needs of our growing business and we are expanding our presence in Houston to support the development and coordination of quality related activities between Business Units and Corporate Group. This includes: building a strong 'one team' relationship with the stakeholders and assisting with the delivery of Corporate Quality requirements.
We are seeking a knowledgeable Quality Lead with strong field experience within the power industry, with Quality systems experience and able to think strategically, identifying best practices and implementing across stakeholders from multiple department groups.
The Corporate Quality Lead reports to the Corporate Quality Manager and is integrated with the Power & Storage Business unit Quality team, responsible for the implementation and monitoring of the Corporate Quality Assurance program in accordance with TC Energy's Quality requirements and specifications.
What you'll do
* Act as key point of contact to Business Unit, providing Quality Assurance support and coordinating Quality Assurance resources
* Work closely with Business Unit Quality Team to assure compliance with all Corporate Quality requirements related to TC Energy Management Systems and assure compliance with Regulatory conditions related to Quality management
* Be the key communication channel to share best practices / Lessons learned and continuous Improvement into and from the Business unit
* Establish and evolve processes and the standardization of Quality documentation to support the Business units
* Provide definition to contract documents for Quality expectations, ensuring inclusion of Contractors' QMS and Quality Plans requirements
* Coordinate the execution of Quality Assurance reviews with the Business Units
* Progress key metrics with the Business Units including Cost of Quality
* Monitor effectiveness of systemic Nonconformance dispositions and Corrective Action plans within the Business Unit
* Support the Opportunity for Improvement (OFI) program and implementation of action plans
* Support the Root Cause Analysis process, as required
* Champion quality culture and awareness throughout the Business Unit
* Influence TC Energy Values - Safety, Responsibly, Collaboration and Integrity
* Knowledge of solar engineering, from design approval, commissioning and testing
* Knowledge of wind power systems from design approval, commissioning and testing
* Knowledge of microgrid systems from design approval, commissioning and testing
* Knowledge in MV / HV interconnection requirements
* Minimum 10 years of midstream experience in Power facilities construction
* Engineering Degree or equivalent technical trade qualification
* Comprehensive knowledge of construction codes, regulations and standards
* Experience in Quality Assurance and Quality Control activities
* Microsoft Office skills
* Experience in construction inspection
* Strong collaboration skills and building strong relationships
* Strong decision-making skills
* Knowledge in TC Energy's construction specifications
* Knowledge of applicable industry Codes and Best Practices
* Knowledge of Quality Assurance and Quality Control concepts and their application
* Excellent verbal and written communication.
* Have and maintain a valid Driver's License
* Auditor Certification
* Capability to report quality and construction issues
* Capability to allocate resources effectively
About our business
TC Energy is a leading energy infrastructure company in North America. We have three complementary businesses of natural gas pipelines, liquids (oil) pipelines, and power generation. Our operations span three countries, seven Canadian provinces, and 34 U.S. states.
Apply to this posting by 05/14/2021using reference code 84464.You must apply through our jobs system at jobs.tcenergy.com. Only applications submitted through our system will be acknowledged. Applications may be submitted using a mobile device or a desktop/ laptop computer.
TC Energy is an equal opportunity employer and participates in the E-Verify program supervised by the U.S. government.
Thank you for choosing to grow your career with TC Energy.
* Depending on qualifications, the successful candidate may be offered a position at a more appropriate level and/or ladder.
* All positions require background screening. Some require criminal and/or credit checks to comply with regulations.
* Consistent with our employment practices, we reserve the right to consider the cost of relocation when making internal hiring decisions.