Posted in Other 7 days ago.
Sr. Business Analyst-Technical Projects
Imagine a workplace that encourages you to interpret, innovate and inspire. Our employees do just that by helping healthcare payers manage the cost of care, improve competitiveness and inspire positive change. You can be part of an established company with a 40-year legacy that helps our customers thrive by interpreting our client's needs and tailoring innovative healthcare cost management solutions.
Our commitment to diversity, inclusion and belonging are part of the fabric of our company. We strive to create a workplace that fosters mutual respect and collaboration, where every talented individual can participate and perform their best work. We are MultiPlan and we are where bright people come to shine!
Please note: our offices are currently closed due to the pandemic and our employees are working from home. Once our offices reopen, this position will transition to working in our Naperville, IL office.
As a Sr. Business Analyst, you will be an empowered team member and leader, knowledgeable in the business, who deploys best practices to facilitate the elicitation, organization and documentation of business requirements, working with members of assigned MultiPlan business units. You will ensure that the project team develops solutions that meet the customer's real needs; minimizes requirement defects up front, establish and maintain agreement between the customer and project team on requirements for the project deliverables on projects that are complex and not always clearly defined.
Your job duties will include:
1. Actively solicit, analyze and negotiate customer requirements in order to ensure that the project team can develop solutions that meet the customer's real needs; minimize requirement defects up front, establish and maintain agreement between the customer and project team on requirements for the project deliverables.
2. Manage multiple priorities, customer expectations and relationships with all stakeholders. Manage relationships with customers, project managers, and any/all levels of management.
3. Meet and work with project business sponsors, software end-users, applications development staff, and others as necessary to perform assignments. Conduct meetings with business stakeholders to actively solicit, analyze and negotiate customer requirements. Obtain signoff on business requirements.
4. Solicit input from developers and other technical staff to determine level of effort required to complete tasks and from business community to define scope.
5. Assist with project planning, including methods, processes, tasks, schedules.
6. Work with applications development staff during the technical design, programming and unit-testing and implementation stages. Conduct walkthroughs as handoff from analysis to development in life cycle.
7. Coordinate changes to functional specifications that occur during development and updates functional specifications as required.
8. Support customer in training efforts for end users and staff members.
9. Mentor junior staff members.
10. Collaborate, coordinate, and communicate across disciplines and departments.
11. Ensure compliance with HIPAA regulations and requirements.
12. Demonstrate commitment to the Company's core values.
13. Please note due to the exposure of PHI sensitive data - this role is considered to be a High Risk Role.
14. The position responsibilities outlined above are in no way to be construed as all encompassing. Other duties, responsibilities, and qualifications may be required and/or assigned as necessary.
* Minimum Bachelors degree, or 4 years of related experience. Graduate degree a plus.
* Minimum 5 years experience as a Business Analyst on technical projects.
* Knowledge of Healthcare industry and understanding all major workflows associated with healthcare claim processing mandatory
* Experience designing and implementing project management methodologies and requirements definition and management practices
* Experience in a Project Management Organization preferred
* International Institute of Business Analysis (IIBA)/Certified Business Analysis Professional (CBAP) preferred
* Knowledge of Waterfall and Agile project methodologies and best practices for requirements definition and management
* Expert-level business analysis, system analysis and project management skills
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Analytic, organization, interpersonal, prioritization, multi-tasking, initiating, communication, planning and technical skills
* Ability to lead, develop, mentor and coach team
* Ability to use software and peripherals related to performance of job responsibilities
* Ability to facilitate teams and client relationships to satisfy needs and identify improvements
* Ability to develop strong relationships with all levels of management
* Ability to demonstrate commitment to excellent customer service and follow through
* Ability to anticipate business needs and think with a business owner mind-set
* Ability to recognize and apply project management, business analysis and system analysis best practices to fit a variety of situations
We realize that our employees are instrumental to our success, and we reward them accordingly with very competitive compensation and benefits packages, an incentive bonus program, as well as recognition and awards programs. Our work environment is friendly and supportive, and we offer flexible schedules whenever possible, as well as a wide range of live and web-based professional development and educational programs to prepare you for advancement opportunities.
Your benefits will include:
MultiPlan is an Equal Opportunity Employerand complies with all applicable laws and regulations. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you'd like more information on your EEO rights under the law, pleaseclick here.