Posted in Other 7 days ago.
Ops Specialist CA Reorg is responsible for performing specialized operational securities processing activities in support of the firm's business lines. This would include activities such as: notification announcement input, instruction receipt and authentication, instruction entry, processing and recording, reporting and acknowledgement, and reconciliation. Primary focus is on daily deliverables and execution of defined procedures and analysis while gaining and understanding the "big picture" and how their work impacts the firm. Individuals will have their work thoroughly reviewed and validated by more senior personnel.
Area of Responsibility
1. Processing Events
- Scrubbing Announcements from Market Data Vendors, Company Information, and Depositories and Agents
- Input information into Corporate Action platform for Income and Mandatory Actions
- Identify complex events and communicate to team members.
- Processing of Class Action suits
2. Processing Elections
- Process client instructions through manual entry into the Corporate Actions platform.
- Process agent confirmations through the Corporate Actions platform for communication to clients.
- Written and verbal communication of uninstructed positions to clients on a daily basis.
- Processing of client account profile requests for Corporate Actions.
3. Processing Payments
- Manual entry of payments into the Corporate Actions platform.
- Balancing and reconciling of positions related to corporate action activity.
- Reconciliation of receivables and payables to ensure accurate client cash projections.
4. Client Service
- Communication of uninstructed positions via phone call to clients.
- Communicate as part of a team to ensure superior client service.
- Participate in client presentations or calls.
5. Risk Management
- Identify problem items.
- Communicate professionally and constructively to effectively resolve issues in a timely and efficient manner.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Education level and/or relevant experience(s)
Knowledge and skills (general and technical)
- Demonstrated PC skills.
- Ability to identify, escalate and resolve a problem.
- Ability to communicate professionally through effective verbal and written skills.
- Ability to manage time efficiently and effectively.
- Organizational skills and detail-oriented.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to process transactions timely and accurately
- Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure.We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, creed, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other protected status under federal, state or local law.
Full timeJersey City