Posted in Other 13 days ago.
Aircraft Structural Assembler needed for a contract opportunity with SOC's client to work in Mesa, Arizona.
* Must be available to work either first or second shift. Standard shift: 8 hour days, 5 days a week, plus overtime when needed.
* Assemble, modify and install aircraft structural assemblies, subassemblies, and structures on aircraft systems.
* Identify non-conforming parts, conditions and manufacturing processes. Work with engineering to improve manufacturing processes.
* Assemble aircraft structures or aircraft support equipment with or without the aid of jigs and fixtures by drilling, filing, filling, reaming, countersinking, burring and fastening using various hand tools as well as electrical, hydraulic, and pneumatic equipment. Shim, fit, trim and align structural assemblies and subassemblies that vary considerably from one Assembly to another as with fairings and the mating of major assemblies callouts, butt, station and water lines; blind pick up of hole locations for blank parts from existing structure; correcting skin canning conditions, buckles, wrinkles in outer skins and remove surface defects as assigned.
* Assemble, install, rework, repair and modify aircraft structural, mechanical or electrical assemblies, subassemblies, components, systems, and airframe structures on aircraft systems following manufacturing planning, blueprints, schematics, process specifications, repair and rework sketches, written and oral instructions.
* Ensure all assemblies and detail parts are free of Foreign Object Debris (FOD) and non-conformances issues. Check units for compliance using hand held precision measuring equipment, such as calipers, micrometers, height gauges and scales.
* Report all non-conformances to manufacturing supervision or corrective action representative. Prepare rejection tags noting deviations from specifications on dimensions, finishes, material, processes, or quality when required.
* Follow all safety procedures and reports unsafe conditions to safety officials or manufacturing supervision. Report on job status and restraints to coworkers and supervision; Identify production inefficiencies and suggests potential improvements to product or process.
* Knowledgeable and skilled in basic sheet metal, riveting, assembly methods and common shop practices.
* Knowledgeable and able to interpret and work from blueprints, sketches and written and verbal instructions.
* Knowledgeable and able to apply shop math.
* Knowledgeable and able to use computer systems for office and shop applications.
* Skilled in listening and interpersonal participation, and able to work with others as part of a team which includes giving and receiving feedback, and assisting others in completion of tasks.
* Able to complete and maintain all required training and certifications needed to do your job efficiently.
* Able to work in confined spaces requiring kneeling, crawling, climbing, and bending.
SOC, a Day & Zimmermann company, is an Equal Opportunity Employer,EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability.