Posted in Other 16 days ago.
A key role in supporting corporate development efforts for CNA.These include: (1) influencing capital management decisions by providing rating agency capital adequacy insights, (2) managing CNA's relationships with rating agencies and investors, (3) developing long term corporate financial forecasts and dividend recommendations, (4) leading M&A activity, and (5) developing Board discussion materials and supporting select strategic projects for Senior Executives.
The position will have direct communication with senior business leaders.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
1. Participates in defining the issues and scope of assigned projects; determines approach and methodology and provides direction.
2. Develops analyses and presentations that articulate strategic options and support Senior Management discussion and decision making.
3. Applies a strong understanding of the rating agency capital models to support annual stress testing, ad-hoc analyses, and support capital-related decision-making.
4. Prepares long-term forecasts, including of rating agency capital adequacy and intra-company dividends, to inform and influence capital management decisions.
5. Supports relationships with rating agencies and investors through development of presentations and facilitation of information requests.
6. Researches and analyzes peer and market data to develop benchmarking and insights into CNA's performance.
7. Evaluates the economic impacts of acquisitions, mergers or divestitures, and supports the M&A execution process.
8. Coaches, leads and develops less experienced team members while fostering a positive, open team environment.
9. Interacts with and supports a wide range of business partners and stakeholders.
May perform additional duties as assigned.
Typically Director or above
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities
1. Strong knowledge of insurance and underwriting principles, practices and procedures.
2. Strong knowledge of accounting/finance practices, procedures and principles as well as thorough knowledge of the organization and industry.
3. Excellent project management, organizing and planning skills, with the ability to work in a dynamic environment and respond to shifting priorities.
4. Strong financial modeling, analytical and problem solving skills, with the ability to effectively resolve issues of a complex nature under limited guidance.
5. Ability to exercise professional judgment and assume responsibility for decisions that have an impact on people and quality of service.
6. Strong communication, interpersonal and presentation skills, with the ability to distill complex concepts and customize presentation style according to the needs of the audience.
7. Ability to interact effectively with all levels of CNA's internal and external business partners.
8. Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, accounting systems and applications, and other business-related software.
Education & Experience
1. Bachelor's Degree in accounting, finance, economics or business, or equivalent. Master's degree, CPA, CFA, CMA or professional insurance designation preferred.
2. Minimum five to eight years of related financial analysis, consulting, advisory and/or strategy related experience.