Posted in Other 16 days ago.
At Insitu, a Boeing company, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. You can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are core values. We're committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that's welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
* Utilizes industry knowledge, engineering practices, mathematics, materials knowledge, etc. to complete product designs
* Communicate with engineering, quality assurance, and manufacturing regarding new and revised drawings
* Maintains notes, design calculations and other documentation (BOMs, list of design parameters, and requirements) for future reference
* Complete additional tasks related to product data management (PDM)
* Work independently based on instructions, directions, or requests received from engineers
* Assist engineering and project management staff with day to day project tasks such as contacting vendors, researching product specifications, or other support functions
* Adhere to practices, policies, and procedures for document revision control
* Stay up-to-date on industry and company standards
* Proficient in SolidWorks CAD software (modeling and drawings)
* Familiarity with Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T)
* Knowledgeable of ASME drafting practices and procedures
* Excellent communications skills: interpersonal, listening, oral, and written
* Skilled in PC usage and associated software including Microsoft Office
* Working knowledge of ASME drawing standards.
* Working or expert knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing GD&T
* Experience with ASME standards for Model Based Definition (MBD)
* Experience with CATIA Design software
* Experience with a Product Data Management (PDM) software
* Familiarity with CAM software and equipment.
Required Education and Experience
Associate's degree or completion of a technical trade school in CAD, drafting or related field, plus at least 6 years of related work experience: or any equivalent combination of experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity: Insitu's policy on equal employment opportunity prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, or veteran status. This policy applies to recruiting, hiring, transfers, promotions, terminations, compensation and benefits and also states that retaliation against any employee who files a complaint regarding possible violations of this policy will not be tolerated. All information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.