Posted in Other 6 days ago.
Houston, TX 77041, USA
Friday, April 30, 2021
Cornerstone Building Brands is the largest manufacturer of exterior building products in North America. Our comprehensive portfolio spans the breadth of the residential and commercial markets, while our expansive footprint enables us to serve customers and communities across North America. Our relentless focus on excellence combined with our ongoing commitment to innovation and R&D has driven us to become the #1 manufacturer of windows, vinyl siding, insulated metal panels, metal roofing and wall systems, and metal accessories. We believe every building we create, and every part of that building, positively contributes to communities where people live, work and play.
We are currently seeking Welders for our Cornerstone Building Brands site located at7311 Fairview Houston TX 77041and offer a$500 bonus for all new hires after 90 days!
The Fitter/Welder must be AWS and CWB certified. Must be competent in welding and fitting skills which encompass all special welding certifications for pipe, tube, CJP scenarios etc. Must be able to fit up all types of rigid frame columns, rafters, and beam canopies according to specifications.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
* Knows and understands all safety rules and precautions necessary for working in and about a manufacturing environment.
* Must be able to maintain AWS and CWB certifications.
* Check work assignments and interprets blueprints and/or sketches to determine parts required.
* Responsible for measuring, marking, counting, and locating components on/in an assembly. Advises Team Leader of any discrepancies in and/or shortages of required parts.
* Positions sub-assemblies on parts using clamping devices and material handling equipment as required.
* Uses necessary tools, measuring devices, templates to join up parts in accordance with blueprints and specifications maintaining allowable tolerances. Uses welding, flame cutting, flame-heating, arc gouging, or mechanical equipment to tack and/or weld components in place. Ability to align parts, and to bevel or cut flanges, webs, stiffeners as required.
* Install metal tags to identify parts and uses assigned personal identification stamp in designated area when operation is completed.
* Responsible for keeping numerical and alphabetical sequences correct.
* Maintains continuous improvement practices in work area.
* May be assigned other projects or duties as designated by Team Leader
To perform satisfactorily in this position, the employee must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Must be able to obtain welding certification in accordance with Cornerstone Building Brands welding procedures. Reasonable accommodations may be made for employees with certain disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
Associates degree or equivalent from 2-year College or technical school; or (1) to three (3) years working experience in welding; or equivalent combination of education and experience preferably as a welder/fitter in the manufacturing industry.
Ability to read and comprehend documents including but not limited to policy manuals, safety rules/programs, operating and maintenance instructions, procedure manuals, and simple correspondence, In addition, the ability to communicate information effectively one-on-one and in small group situations and settings is required.
Ability to perform general mathematic calculations including but not limited to addition, subtraction, multiplication, fractions, percentages, and division. Some positions may require advance mathematics.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to perform work instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form a must. In addition; the ability to solve problems, which involve multiple variables in a standard situation, is required.
Other Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
Required to use power hand tools
Required to drive a forklift
Ability to work effectively to meet deadlines
Ability to work with a diversified work force
Blueprint reading and operation of welding equipment
While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk. The employee is frequently required to stand; sit; bend; stoop; use hands and fingers to handle or feel objects; reach with hands and arms; lift; climb and/or balance essential tasks. Specific vision abilities include close-up and distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
The employee may be required to enter areas that are near moving mechanical parts, with occasional exposure to hazardous chemicals, and extreme cold or heat. The noise level in the work environment is considered moderate, and may require the use of hearing protection. The employee will be required to utilize Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) when accessing certain manufacturing areas, (hard hat, gloves, welding jacket or weld bibs, safety glasses, welding hood and earplugs.)
Cornerstone Building Brands is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, color, protected veteran status, disability, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation or national origin.
Share this job: