Posted in General Business 13 days ago.
Shareholder Engagement and M&A Capital Markets
J.P. Morgan's Shareholder Engagement and M&A Capital Markets (SEMAC) team is expanding its mandate within the bank to include broader shareholder engagement and M&A Capital Markets advisory, while continuing to handle traditional shareholder activism and corporate defense. This role represents a unique opportunity to be involved in building the foundation of an entrepreneurial enterprise with significant senior sponsorship under J.P. Morgan's world-class banner. The Shareholder Engagement and M&A Capital Markets team is a critical component of the firm's globally integrated investment banking model.
The SEMAC Role
The successful candidate will play a central role in advising clients with respect to engaging with their shareholders and monitoring their trading activity, including shareholder activism and corporate defense. Responsibilities will include:
• Creating, maintaining and reviewing complex materials and analyses relating to shareholder activism, corporate governance and trading activity. Analyses would include shareholder base and trading analyses, profiles on shareholder activists, and corporate vulnerability to both hostile corporate bids and shareholder activism, with a focus on structural vulnerabilities in a company's charter and bylaws.
• Managing day-to-day execution of advisory mandates, interacting with senior deal team members, client management teams, transaction counterparties and other advisors
• Working closely with the Global and North American heads of the practice to establish ongoing processes and procedures
• Possessing and acquiring superior market knowledge relating to developments in domestic and international shareholder engagement, governance best practices, proxy advisory firms, and be able to clearly articulate this knowledge to internal and external parties
• Developing proprietary knowledge and insights into trading activity and capital markets monitoring for clients
• Working independently, producing high quality deliverables such as investor presentations, fight letters, Board materials, merger arbitrage trading analyses and other presentation materials for use in strategic client dialogue or shareholder activism defense engagements
• Coordinating with the Digital Investment Bank to advance the development of new and insightful tools to further drive strategic client dialogue
• Leveraging the bank's resources on behalf of the client, including industry knowledge from partners in industry coverage groups and expertise from product partners in debt and equity capital markets and corporate finance advisory
• At least 6 full years of experience in Capital Markets, Investment Banking, or a Corporate Finance related role, law firm, proxy advisor or a corporate governance related firm. Experience in M&A, law, or corporate governance is highly preferred but will consider candidates on a case-by-case basis
• Solid knowledge of corporate finance and accounting or an understanding of corporate charters, bylaws, and governance practices
• Ability to comfortably interact with clients and colleagues in a professional and mature manner
• Outstanding ethics, integrity, and judgment
• Intellectual curiosity, strong work ethic, and desire to learn
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, handling multiple projects with different deal teams
• Highly organized, detail-oriented and proactive
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills with specific ability to communicate concepts and ideas concisely and defend their validity
• Excellent technology skills with superior Excel and PowerPoint skills and ability to quickly learn new software applicationsJPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans