Posted in General Business 10 days ago.
The Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City is looking to fill a Desktop Support Specialist position. As a member of our local desktop support team you will provide a blend of technical, analytical, and logistical support. You will be primarily responsible for configuring and deploying hardware and software to internal staff, resolving problems associated with these technologies, fulfilling requested information technology (IT) requests, and relocations of IT equipment. You will report to the Sr. Supervisor in Technology Support and serve as a liaison and informational resource for several support activities. This position will allow you to take on new opportunities and projects. This position does require you to provide after hour support for critical issues, infrastructure updates, and user support.
• Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Troubleshoot escalated incidents for PC hardware and software, network connectivity, and printing problems. This can include working with videoconferencing, audiovisual, or telecommunications technology.
• Collaborate with a wide variety of IT partners to resolve complex technical issues.
• Manages service requests and customer deployment processes, to include imaging PCs, installing software and hardware, and scheduling appointments.
• Works in conjunction with asset specialists to facilitate, or manages, hardware lifecycle duties.
• Works on patching vulnerabilities through manual and automated processes.
• Has a role in the review, analysis, implementation, and documentation of new technologies and services.
• Works on automation projects using PowerShell or other programming languages.
• Creates, configures, and deploys automated software packages in endpoint administration tools.Qualifications:
To qualify for consideration, you should have a minimum of 2 years relevant desktop support experience. You will receive consideration if you have acquired relevant experience through information technology coursework from a technical/vocational school, an accredited college or university, or obtained knowledge through an equivalent combination of related education and experience. Candidates with an intermediate or better understanding of technical businesses processes and subject matter preferred.
Certain eligibility requirements apply.
Follow us on LinkedIn, Twitter, and our YouTube channel - Kansas City Fed.
We (Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City) are committed to building a diverse workplace, and are continually striving to achieve this goal. As such, we provide equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, or genetic information.