Posted in Other 17 days ago.
Lumen is guided by our belief that humanity is at its best when technology advances the way we live and work. With 450,000 route fiber miles serving customers in more than 60 countries, we deliver the fastest, most secure global platform for applications and data to help businesses, government and communities deliver amazing experiences. Learn more about Lumen's network, edge cloud, security and communication and collaboration solutions and our purpose to further human progress through technology at news.lumen.com, LinkedIn: /lumentechnologies, Twitter: @lumentechco, Facebook: /lumentechnologies, Instagram: @lumentechnologies and YouTube: /lumentechnologies.
The Sr. Engineer will work in a challenging, hands on NOC environment supporting the Social Security Administration (SSA). The ideal candidate for this role must be able to communicate effectively with team members and customers. The position requires real world experience detecting, testing, isolating, and repairing a large range of WAN circuit and carrier network problems.
• Circuit lifecycle management (T1 - 100Gb, Ethernet & IP), perform testing, activation of new network customer circuits, as well as troubleshoot long-haul, metro and international optical networks.
• Interface with telecom providers and other entities on complex technical matters.
• Ensure services conform to customer mandated SLAs for latency, packet loss, jitter, throughput.
• Ability to test using standard protocols, as well as Iperf and Brix platforms
• Isolate and repair complex Layer 1- 3 LAN & WAN technologies and protocols to include: Ethernet, IP, BGP, EIGRP, OSPF, MPLS, QoS and multicast routing.
• Perform circuit and equipment/network restoration, recognize potential jeopardy conditions.
• Manage network trouble tickets, perform ticket audits, ensures technical thoroughness and efficiency.
• Identify and repair chronic network problems.
• Strong routing knowledge and familiar with Juniper, Alcatel-Lucent and Cisco networking hardware and CLI.
• Create and update Standard Operating Processes (SOPs)
• Contribute ideas, share knowledge, and help others develop.
• Desire to develop skills and knowledge.
• Occasional irregular hours and rotating on-call responsibilities.
• Excellent troubleshooting and analytical skill
• Excellent collaboration and communication skills with technical and non-technical users
• Experienced coordinating and implementing network upgrades
• Experienced troubleshooting network technologies such as VRFs, OSPF, EIGRP and BGP, MPLS & multicast
• Strong working knowledge of circuits management (T1 - 100Gb, Ethernet & IP).
• Proven ability to work in a dynamic team environment with changing requirements and competing priorities.
• CCNP or equivalent knowledge
Requisition #: 250078
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, "protected statuses"). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
Salary Min :
Salary Max :
This information reflects the anticipated base salary range for this position based on current national data. Minimums and maximums may vary based on location. Individual pay is based on skills, experience and other relevant factors.
This position is eligible for either short-term incentives or sales compensation. Director and VP positions also are eligible for long-term incentive. To learn more about our bonus structure, you can view additional information
here. We're able to answer any additional questions you may have as you move through the selection process.
As part of our comprehensive benefits package, Lumen offers a broad range of Health, Life, Voluntary Lifestyle and other benefits and perks that enhance your physical, mental, emotional and financial wellbeing. You can learn more by clicking
Note: For union-represented postings, wage rates and ranges are governed by applicable collective bargaining agreement provisions.
Salary Min :
Salary Max :
This information reflects the base salary pay range for this job based on current national market data. Ranges may vary based on the job's location. We offer competitive pay that varies based on individual experience, qualifications and other relevant factors. We encourage you to apply to positions that you are interested in and for which you believe you are qualified. To learn more, you are welcome to discuss with us as you move through the selection process.