Posted in Purchasing - Procurement 30+ days ago.
WE ARE ESSENTIAL and actively hiring at UNFI in Montgomery, NY. If you have experienced a loss of hours and wages due to our current circumstances in NY, please know we want to put you to work ASAP! UNFI has high paying jobs and consistent, fulfilling work available.
Join our team and immediately become part of the largest distributor of conventional, natural, organic and specialty products in the United States and Canada. We serve over 43,000 customer locations with 200,000 different products. Our Warehouse associates supply thousands of consumers with better food that nourishes families nationwide. Our retailers range from small family owned stores to Wholefoods Markets and everything in between. Are you ready to make an impact on the lives of others and feel good about what you do? Join our growing Distribution team today.
Responsible for tracking inventory and maintaining accurate inventory records and able to research any discrepancies. Display a strong understanding of the equipment he/she uses, the location of product, and the lay-out of the warehouse, slot location, lost sales, mispicks, pack size and all other applicable product information.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES:
• Monitors product velocity and tracks lost sales and in-house damages.
• Researches inventory adjustments and maintain high service levels (low out of stock).
• Initiates date checks, periodic cycle counts ( 3 months in grocery and repack and every 3-4 weeks in cooler/freezer) as well as quality checks.
• Researches mis-slots and quality issues, verifies pick slots and back stock verification. • Processes return to vendor requests
• Basic slotting
• Alerts management of potential safety problems or violations.
• Tracks expiration dates (particularly cooler/freezer items).
• Tracks food bank and salvaged product.
• Perform duties in accordance with Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points (HACCP) and Safe Quality Food (SQF) policies and procedures, as appropriate for location
Strong knowledge of applicable Bakco functions and RF systems.
Understanding of all paperwork and reporting methods related to tracking inventory.
Have an understanding of procedures in other areas of the warehouse for a more global understanding of all processes.
Capability of being licensed in operating powered industrial equipment
Strong communications skills; both written and oral applications.
Strong interpersonal skills; must be motivated and take initiative.
Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
Ability to be detail oriented and manage multiple tasks.
UNFI is a place where people can be their authentic selves and share their own diverse backgrounds, experiences, perspectives and ideas. UNFI is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. UNFI is an Equal Opportunity employer committed to creating an inclusive and respectful environment for all. - M/F/Veteran/Disability. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.