Posted in Other 6 days ago.
Worker Time TypeFull time
Please click here to view "A Day in the Life of a Driver" at Reddy Ice.
This position delivers ice to customers in vehicles that do not require a Commercial Driver's License. The route driver is assigned a specific geographic region and/or route to service. The delivery region, route, and type of equipment operated is subject to change depending on business needs.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Operate and maintain a clean company vehicle in a safe and professional manner.
2. Perform pre/post trip inspections and operate the vehicle in accordance with company Standard Operating Procedures.
3. Participate daily in the Daily Visual Management (DVM) process; reviews DVM results with other drivers.
4. Unload, deliver, and rotate ice at customer and other designated locations using a safe, courteous, and service-oriented method.
5. Produce invoices for each delivery and complete all other required paperwork.
6. Responsible for the safe operation, working condition, and inventory of all driver "tools", including: handhelds, printers, handcarts, and handtrucks.
7. Report all accidents and injuries, regardless of severity.
8. Pick up equipment as directed.
9. Follow all Standard Operating Procedures and processes.
10. Make and assume other duties and responsibilities required or assigned by management.
11. Adhering to the Code of Business Ethics is essential. We value honesty and integrity above all else and we expect our employees to be committed to the highest ethical standards.
ESSENTIAL MENTAL FUNCTIONS AND SKILLS
Ability to read and interpret documents in English, such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
Ability to work in a constant state of alertness and safe manner
Ability to work in an unfatigued state
Ability to accurately gauge lengths of time and distance
Ability to quickly store and recall instructions in one's short term memory
Ability to concentrate and perform tasks involving high levels of cognitive function and judgment
Ability to cope with sudden changes in surrounding and/or emergency situations and/or alarms
Demonstrate a caring, committed and concerned attitude about safety
Possess fast reflexes and unimpaired coordination and ability to rapidly respond to stimuli
Not mentally or physically impaired from any cause that can adversely affect ability to safely and competently perform required functions
Ability to take prompt and appropriate response to operating conditions 2
Internal: CSM, CSR's/Dispatchers, Location Manager (if at spoke) Lead Driver (where applicable), Forklift Operators External: Customers and warehouse personnel
This position requires a minimum of an operator's drivers license and at least two years of driving experience. This is a professional driver position and must driver carefully and courteously at all times. Must possess a clean driving
No lead or supervisory responsibility.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Must have a High School education or GED. Two years previous local delivery driver experience preferred. Must have basic math skills and exceptional customer relations skills.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Must be able to drive in stressful environments. Unloads, loads, and rotates product in merchandisers. Required to lift 40 lbs throughout the day. Required to work in all weather conditions.
RESPONSIBILITY FOR PROPERTY, FUNDS AND INFORMATION
This position has direct responsibility for property, funds and information. This individual must adhere to and follow all corporate policies and procedures.