Posted in Other 4 days ago.
This position is responsible for compliance of all aspects of Allegiant Air and regulatory agency policies within the day-to-day operation of the station. This position also leads the base management team for Flight Ops, Inflight, and Maintenance to ensure: On-Time Performance, teamwork, and continuous improvement.
Visa Sponsorship Available:No
Combination of Education and Experience will be considered. Must be authorized to work in the US as defined by the Immigration Act of 1986. Must pass a Criminal Background Check.
Education: High School Diploma/GED.
Education Details: Bachelor's degree preferred.
Years of Experience: Minimum of eight (8) years' of airline operations experience, including five (5) years' of management experience preferred. Minimum of three (3) years' managing cross-functional operations preferred.
* Demonstrated experience of leading managers.
* Must be able to assess emergency situations in a timely manner, exercising good judgment, flexibility, and ability to respond calmly and effectively. Due to these requirements, General Manager must reside within 60 minutes of assigned airport location.
* Ability to work in a sometimes stressful environment.
* Highly organized with multi-tasking abilities.
* Team approach and positive attitude.
* Must be willing to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends and holidays.
* Well-developed planning and organizational skills are required.
* Must be committed to the importance of serving the customer and have excellent customer service focus.
* Must be at least 24 years of age and possess a valid driver's license.
* Able to attend required training.
* High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office software.
* The General Manager is required to obtain GSC certification.
* Must be able to travel a minimum of twice yearly and as needed to address operational concerns with cities the base flies to.
* Establish and maintain safety compliance of aircraft, customers, facilities and employee working environments.
* Address issues and provide corrective action as required.
* Ensure compliance with all Federal directives and security requirements.
* Audit to ensure quality assurance.
* Coordinate all rooming and parking needs for Flight Operations, In-flights, and Maintenance personnel for their accommodations during the potion of the year when the station operates as a Base.
* Lead the base management team, developing an environment that promotes On-Time Performance, teamwork, collaboration, and encourages continuous process improvement.
* Evaluate the performance of the base management team to include Inflight, Flight Ops, and Maintenance Managers as it relates to teamwork, On-Time Performance, and overall station support.
* Provide feedback to the team's direct supervisors.
* Analyze performance against critical measures and develop and effectively implement solutions to achieve performance objectives for the entire base.
* Ensure compliance for controlling of station expenses/cost and maintain an effective cost control program.
* Establish airport and local community relations as liaison with airport city officials, FAA, TSA, OSHA, police, fire departments and other groups wanting to experience the airport environment or hold a community event involving the airline and the airport.
* Coordinate airline service provider functions and oversee performance for local contracts providing service to Allegiant Air, i.e., fueling, skycap, security, catering, cleaning and ground handling.
* Evaluate performance and ensure effective development and implementation of appropriate measures and corrective action as required.
* Ensure compliance of all procedures as outlined in our company manuals and monitor for current revisions and availability.
* Ensure an acceptable level of customer service and baggage handling.
* Monitor and verify quality control.
* Ensure establishment of effective and cost efficient work schedules for station employees including an irregular operations plan.
* Participate in interview, hiring and staffing requirements (G4 stations only).
* Ensure training requirements are met for all employees, i.e., new hire, recurrent, supplemental; monitor and ensure corrective action for local training issues.
* Coordinate with Customer Relations providing feedback, research and response for customer complaints/compliments.
* Establish employee recognition programs for station achievements, including safety performance and revenue collection programs.
* Effectively communicate all airline business to internal and external departments and customers.
* Work to establish contract revenue and actively by pursue opportunities to ensure station profitability.
* Establish goals and objectives and constantly measure the performance of the station ensuring goals are met.
* Responsible to evaluate, manage and provide ongoing feedback to employees while developing individuals and encouraging career advancement (G4 stations only).
* Develop a succession plan (G4 stations only).
* Lead and present investigations for any safety, security issues, or OJIs (G4) related items.
* Lead by example, motivate to achieve results by exemplifying integrity, professionalism and excellent communication skills.
* Develop customer correspondence at an executive level.
* Extensive problem solving on a daily bases and including working with irregular operations.
* Assist with Customer Service and Ground Operations functions as required.
* Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
* Assist HQ team with projects as requested.
* Ensure any direct reports understand and apply our Customer Commitment and customer service standards to their daily responsibilities, as appropriate.
* Model Allegiant's customer service standards in personal actions and when providing leadership direction.
* Other duties as assigned.
The Physical Demands and Work Environment described here are a representative of those that must be met by a Team Member to successfully perform the essential functions of the role. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the role.
Airport Agent - While performing the duties of this job, the Team Member is regularly required to stand, sit, talk, hear, see, reach, stoop, kneel, climb and use hands and fingers to operate various types of tools and equipment (i.e. hand trucks, carts, ramps, tugs, etc.). May be required to lift, push, pull, or carry up to 300 lbs. May be required to work various shifts/days in a 24-hour situation. Regular attendance is a requirement of the role. Exposure to heights, small spaces, extreme noise (i.e. airport with planes, vehicles, and other machinery), temperature, wind, and light fluctuations. Ability to work in a confined area as well as the ability to crawl in and out of small spaces for extended periods of time. Ability to wear personal protective gear. Some travel may be a requirement of the role.
Essential Services Provider
Allegiant as a national air carrier is deemed an essential service provider during declared national and state emergencies. Team Members will be required to report to their assigned trip or work location during national and state emergencies unless prohibited by local, state or federal order.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Disability/Veteran
For more information, see Allegiant.com/careers