Posted in Management 2 days ago.
Manages the quality and development of supplier mechanical manufacturing technologies and processes. Responsible for a broad supplier portfolio within a decentralized organizational unit in the Western Hemisphere. Acts as a decision maker and solution provider, actively taking responsibility and accountability for supplier group results and progress.
If you're new to the industry, you might not have heard of us. We provide leading-edge tools, technologies, software and services for the global construction sector. We have a proud heritage, built over 75 years, and a worldwide reputation for pioneering products and exceptional service. With 30,000 people in more than 120 countries, which we're looking to expand, we're a great place for you to show us your worth, step up to new challenges and grow your career.
1. Takes responsibility for quality of product and manufacturing technologies for a broad range of suppliers by:
a. Managing Quality in production processes and development projects including risk management and product/process releases
b. Promoting the value of quality for long term customer satisfaction and inspiring external partners /suppliers to see quality as added value.
c. Managing product complaint handling, including root-cause analysis and related communication to suppliers and internal stakeholders.
d. Monitoring and analyzing product quality at the supplier and deriving improvement measures.
2. Compiles and executes supplier quality development plans and follow-ups according to Hilti's long-term supplier development strategy.
3. Drives cross functional and cross organizational projects for continuous improvements of processes and Quality systems.
4. Strongly contributes to people development by conducting process and quality trainings and by supporting the on-boarding of new quality managers.
Competences & Success Profile
1. Thinks strategically, plans, and cultivates innovations. Inspires and motivates others to see quality as an added value.
2. Understands markets, suppliers, customers, and applications. Possesses a grounded business understanding of customer quality requirements and transfers that knowledge to product features and process controls to ensure sustainable high quality of all offerings.
3. Understands product portfolios, technologies, testing, manufacturing, and repair services. Uses that knowledge to assess risks, drive quality requirements, and contribute to decision making.
4. Solves quality problems and prevents them from occurring. Implements long term sustainable solutions at suppliers to drive customer satisfaction (continuous improvement).
5. Possesses mastery of functional quality know-how and methodologies, eg: Time to Market (TTM), supplier process, risk management, and root cause analysis. Proactively drives preventive measures and continuous improvement.
6. Drives quality standards at suppliers and external partners including requirement fulfilment, test set-up, contracting, auditing, improvements, and TTM support for production plants.
7. Represents the voice of customer quality requirements in supplier and product related projects. Influences the team by articulating the value of quality and by conducting balanced risk assessments to achieve long term customer satisfaction, sales, and Hilti profitability.
8. Builds networks and works together with cross functional team members to develop strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders. Influences business decisions with a strong entrepreneurial and quality mindset and achieves desired results.
9. Possesses presentation and communication skills to articulate quality benefits and business impact to relevant stakeholders and ensure sufficient and broad quality know-how across the supplier portfolio.
10. Shows passion and interest for continuous learning and improvement of new quality technologies, processes, and methodologies. Shares knowledge with others and drives a 'quality first' mindset in Hilti.
We'll give you everything you need to excel in your role, including ongoing training and lots of responsibility from the start. In return for your exceptional performance and consistent results, you'll receive one-to-one career mentoring, as well as exciting opportunities domestically and internationally.
We have an excellent mix of people and some of our best account managers joined us with little or no construction experience. Success at Hilti is down to teamwork and ability, no matter what your background.
* Minimum of five (5) years of technical quality system experience with a minimum of three (3) years in supplier quality role
* Bachelor's Degree in an Engineering discipline or professional accreditation required in Quality Engineering / Quality Management
* MBA or Master's degree in an Engineering or related discipline preferred
* Must be fluent in English
* Must be a licensed Supplier Auditor or possess similar accreditation to get supplier auditor license within first 12 months on the job
* Must possess a full understanding of ISO 9001 and 14001 quality system requirements and the skills necessary to be licensed as an Internal Process Auditor
* Must be fluent in statistical and systematic quality techniques
* Strong organizational skills: Must be able to organize multiple projects
* Ability to work in interdisciplinary and intercultural project teams
* Must have proven communication skills, that can be utilized for both field teams and internal functions (local & global), as well as supplier interaction (via phone, email, and face-to-face) and customer interaction
* Must have strong technical and process analytic skills
* Additional asset is knowledge of relevant key manufacturing technologies such as metal, stamping, bending, welding, cold-forming, as well as coating technologies such as zinc plating hot dip galvanizing
* Good computer skills: Windows based MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook, and MS Power Point
Job requires ability to work in standard office building conditions.
Occasionally job requires working in a test lab or on a construction site for which the following conditions apply:
* walking on construction sites and uneven surfaces, as well as climbing scaffolding, ladders, and stairs during all seasons of the year
* Depending on geography employees may be exposed to adverse heat or cold
* Construction jobsites may also expose specialists to excessively loud noises; ear protection is strongly encouraged and may be required on some jobsites
* Test Lab environment is subject to heat, cold, noise, dust and other particles
Hilti, Inc is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.