Posted in Other 3 days ago.
Interested in a career with both meaning and growth? Whether your abilities are in direct patient care or one of the many other areas of healthcare administration and support, everyone at Parkland works together to fulfill our mission: the health and well-being of individuals and communities entrusted to our care. By joining Parkland, you become part of a diverse healthcare legacy that's served our community for more than 125 years. Put your skills to work with us, seek opportunities to learn and join a talented team where patient care is more than a job. It's our passion.
Responsible for the assessment of women's health education needs, presentation of appropriate educational materials, and evaluation of program activities to ensure a quality women's health education program.
Education: - Must have an Associate's degree in Social Services, Public Health, Health Education or Community Health Education.
Experience: - Must have four (4) years of experience in health education, community outreach programs, or in medical interpreting in a patient care environment.
Equivalent Education and/or Experience: - May have an equivalent combination of education and experience to substitute for both the education and the experience requirements.
Certification/Registration/Licensure: - None.
Skills or Special Abilities: - Must be bilingual in both English and Spanish.
- Must successfully complete the Parkland Health & Hospital System language/medical terminology proficiency examination in English and Spanish with a minimum score of 80% per section prior to employment.
- Must be able to successfully pass the WISH WomenAs Health Education Curriculum course and exam during the first six months of employment.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with all levels of staff and management.
- Must be able to demonstrate a working knowledge of training methods and techniques, including the group facilitation process.
- Must be able to demonstrate excellent writing, communication skills, and public speaking skills.
- Must demonstrate knowledge and skill in working with a diverse population.
- Must be organized, detail oriented and able to work independently.
- Must demonstrate patient centered/patient valued behaviors.
Parkland Health and Hospital System prohibits discrimination based on age (40 or over), race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, disability, national origin, marital status, political belief, or veteran status.