ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for carrying out R&D Lab process steps with the direction from Device Scientists or Design Engineers, and to assist in the process design and development of R&D projects, NPI and production volume ramp.
- Responsible to assist Device Scientists and R&D Engineers for prototyping Optoelectronics devices (Laser or PD CoC and Module, etc.), and with their guidelines, to set up the related complex test equipment and test stations.
- Capable to understand Top-level drawings of Optoelectronics device deign (Laser CoC or PD module, etc.), and to assemble and build the devices.
- Capable to read schematics and for troubleshoot in PCBA and electronic components, including soldering and unsoldering of BGA components, building and testing harness cables to interface with other electronics test boxes.
- Capable to read the drawings with basic mechanical skills for mechanical, optoelectronics parts and fixtures assemble.
- Should be able to perform test station integration, conduct the various functional testing, and summarize test data.
- Associate Degree with more than 5 years of hands-on experience in Optoelectronic Lab, Optical Engineering or Electrical Engineering Lab or company.
- Hands-on experience with the Common Electrical, RF and Optical test instruments and equipment, like RF SA, OSA, NA, SG, DS, etc.
- Good experience in the processes in R&D lab or MFG assembling and building of Electronics or Optoelectronics devices.
- Self-starter and possesses the ability to work within a team environment or independently as required, with good verbal and written communication skills in English.
EMCORE is an ITAR compliant corporation. All employees must be a U.S. Person either by Citizenship or Green Card.
EMCORE is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer and is committed to diversity in its workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.