Posted in Other 6 days ago.
As one of New Jersey's largest non-profit health systems, Virtua provides comprehensive health care services to achieve its mission to help people be well, get well and stay well.
Virtua provides services through Virtua Medical Group with 302 physicians and other clinicians, and at its urgent care centers, hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, health and wellness centers, fitness centers, home health services, long-term care, rehabilitation centers and paramedic program.
A leader in maternal and child health services, Virtua delivers nearly 8,000 babies a year. It provides health services to 1,500 businesses, and participates in Virtua Physician Partners, a clinically integrated network of 1,400 physicians and other clinicians.
Virtua is affiliated with Penn Medicine for cancer and neuroscience and the Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (CHOP) for pediatrics.
Virtua employs more than 9,000 and has been honored as the #1 Best Place to Work in the Delaware Valley every year since 2007. It is the recipient of a 4-star rating from the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) for quality of care, and its hospitals earned straight A's in patient safety by The Leapfrog Group and the 2016 Patient Safety Award from Healthgrades.
U.S. News and World Report ranked Virtua's Mount Holly and Voorhees hospitals as High Performing Hospitals and Voorhees as a Best Regional Hospital. Virtua is also the recipient of the Consumer Choice Award from the National Research Corporation.
Time Type:Part time
Work Shift:2nd Shift (United States of America)
Total Weekly Hours:4
Greets and welcomes patients, employees, internal and external customers.
Answers routine inquiries, and directs to the appropriate department.
Operates switchboard: answers, screens and transfers telephone calls.
Performs clerical duties as required.
* Greets visitors, answer routine inquires, and directs visitors to the appropriate office.
* Processes requests for information in person, via phone and/or email in accordance with established policies and procedures, particularly regarding confidentiality.
* Answers routine questions or refers to the appropriate source for resolution.
* Ensures information is forwarded to the correct department and calls are routed to the appropriate personnel.
* Check and verifies valid Virtua ID and/or ensures log is signed according to security procedures.
* Performs clerical duties such as creating new admission packets, processing faxes, sorting and distributing mail, retrieving and filing reports and medical records.
* Assists other personnel as requested, participates in quality reviews and new staff orientation.
Position Qualifications Required / Experience Required:
Up to 6 months general office experience or experience in retail or other service industry where direct public contact is required.
Basic computer user skills (data entry, information look-ups, word processing). Attention to detail and accuracy.
Good Communication skills (verbal-written-listening) in order to interact with internal staff and external clientele or suppliers.
Ability to project a courteous, tactful, and pleasant manner to patients/families/employees and members of the health care team at all times.