Posted in Other 2 days ago.
This position is responsible for operation and management of the Avian Research Center (ARC) vivarium which will include: personnel management, poultry incubation, hatchery & grow out research, with oversight of the animal care and use program, support of Bio-Device research trials, Outcome Research and Clinical studies, VMRD (Veterinary Medicine Research and Development) studies directed to the ARC, short and long term strategic planning and departmental budget management. The candidate should anticipate, define and allocate resources for effective execution of projects. They should have recognized industry/vivarium operation expertise with extensive knowledge of principles, concepts and practices across departments/disciplines, as well as, the ability to develop novel solutions that improve department and other group processes. The candidate will set direction and strategy to support poultry projects and other studies as may be required by the business. They will also independently lead cross functional project teams, plan, coordinate and supervise important and complex technical projects to achieve strategic objectives, and have the ability to operate with appreciable latitude for unreviewed action or decision. The Manager will evaluate study progress, results and implement changes in procedures, in addition to being responsible for talent management, colleague development and departmental objectives. They will develop, manage and implement organizational policy and programs based on company needs. This role requires a high degree of diplomacy in duties inside and outside Zoetis.
* Manage, organize, and ensure In Vivo Services meet ARC users' needs.
* Develop & implement departmental/ team objectives and programs. Short- and long-term strategic planning.
* Manage interaction between hatchery, grow out and facility/equipment maintenance operations and other functional Zoetis groups. Ensure facility utilization is tracked, provide reports to leadership.
* Develop and implement policy for interaction with internal customers, collaborators and vendors.
* Develop & monitor departmental expense & capital budget. Provide recommendations to leadership to increase productivity reduce cost and assure maximum support to all trials conducted at the ARC.
* Manage resources to ensure they are appropriate to support projects.
* Ensure executions of optimization and improvement projects at the vivarium.
* Ensure compliance to IACUC and animal welfare guidelines/policies.
* Develop, ensure implementation and provide procedure training for Zoetis colleagues and collaborators.
* Ensure studies are scheduled in a manner that will maximize facility/equipment utilization, customer satisfaction and high-quality studies. Minimize negative impacts on personnel workload, while ensuring equipment maintenance at a high standard.
* Ensure departmental compliance and implementation of company, local, state, and federal regulations and policies.
* Ensure documentation of research data, procedures and policies in compliance with QA guidelines. Ensure revisions of all SOP's, training manuals and documents as needed.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
* Five or more years of professional experience in vivarium operation, poultry incubation or poultry live production operations.
* Bachelor degree in poultry sciences, animal sciences, biology or other related fields is desirable.
* Master, Doctorate or Veterinarian degrees are a plus.
* In lieu of formal educational requirements, a demonstrated job history of at least 7 years as a subject matter expert in vivarium, poultry incubation, live production or other related fields may be acceptable.
TECHNICAL SKILLS REQUIREMENTS
* Proven research project management and strategic planning experience.
* Proven supervisory skills with the ability to lead and train other personnel
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
PHYSICAL POSITION REQUIREMENTS
* Usual office work conditions, plus exposure to some laboratory elements.
* Shower out facility
* Some heavy lifting may be necessary (up to 50 pounds)
* Some travel may be required (5-10%)
* Some exposure to dust, bird dander, strong odors, wet and humid conditions and bird waste
* Some exposure to caustic chemicals
* Some exposure to loud noises
* On call 24 hrs.Full timeRegularColleagueZoetis is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status or any other protected classification. Disabled individuals are given an equal opportunity to use our online application system. We offer reasonable accommodations as an alternative if requested by an individual with a disability. Please contact Zoetis Colleague Services at firstname.lastname@example.org to request an accommodation. Zoetis also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must possess or obtain authorization to work in the US for Zoetis. Zoetis retains sole and exclusive discretion to pursue sponsorship for the acquisition or maintenance of nonimmigrant status and employment eligibility, considering factors such as availability of qualified US workers. Individuals requiring sponsorship must disclose this fact. Please note that Zoetis seeks information related to job applications from candidates for jobs in the U.S. solely via the following: (1) our company website at www.Zoetis.com/careers site, or (2) via email to/from addresses using only the Zoetis domain of "@zoetis.com". In addition, Zoetis does not use Google Hangout for any recruitment related activities. Any solicitation or request for information related to job applications with Zoetis via any other means and/or utilizing email addresses with any other domain should be disregarded. In addition, Zoetis will never ask candidates to make any type of personal financial investment related to gaining employment with Zoetis.