Posted in Other 15 days ago.
Job Title: Part-Time Community Health Worker, Clairton Family Center
To provide comprehensive services with families and children with an emphasis on Clairton residents. Community Health Worker (CHW) will assist in delivery of services that address the social determinants of health, and bridge gaps between communities, individuals and providers. The CHW will serve as an extension of the health care team, and will be responsible for helping patients and their families to navigate services and access community resources to improve health outcomes. Complete necessary training required by DUCIH to preform job tasks
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Complete 100 hours of training held by Southwest PA AHEC in preparation for the state exam.
2. Perform baseline health and social determinants of health in the home following proper Covid-19 Protocols from the CDC.
3. Educate patients about their health and available resources in the neighborhood.
4. Identify and assist vulnerable individuals and/or individuals with complex and unmet health needs who are not yet connected to the health care system.
5. Enforce compliance with COVID-19 guidelines, and implement sanitation, infection control and safety procedures.
6. Advocate with families to providers, school districts, Department of Public Welfare, Children Youth and Families and other systems.
7. Actively carry out resource and referral work for families and community members.
8. Provide practical, emotional, and social support to families.
9. Nurture and support families and peers.
10. Welcome and interact with all families. Provide positive family communications.
11. Participate in reciprocal relationships based on respect.
12. Develop and maintain relationships with service providers.
13. Pursue training and information which would serve families and team.
14. Serve as an equal member of the family center team.
15. Maintain a collection of data and documentation.
16. Performance reviews will be completed on a quarterly basis to assure staff development.
17. CHW's are subject to a 30-day probationary period in which they must receive a satisfactory review to continue.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The information contained in this job description is for compliance with Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and is not an exhaustive list of the duties performed for this position. Additional duties are performed by the individuals currently holding this position and additional duties may be assigned.
Disclaimer: The preceding description is not designed to be a complete list of all duties and responsibilities required of this position.
Reports To: Program Director
Location: Clairton Family Center
Position Schedule: Part-time (up to 23 hours) per week, flexible schedule.
Salary: $18 per hour
To Apply: Create an on-line application and upload a cover letter, resume, PA Certificate (if applicable) and transcripts at the AIU Career Site.
Please send any questions to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Allegheny Intermediate Unit is an equal opportunity education institution and will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, handicap, or limited English proficiency in its educational programs, services, facilities, activities or employment practices as required by Title IX of the 1972 Educational Amendments, Title VI and Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, as amended, Section 504 Regulations of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1975, Section 204 Regulations of the 1984 Carl D. Perkins Act, the Americans with Disabilities Act, or any other applicable federal or state statute.