Posted in Other 2 days ago.
Shift 1st: 7am - 3:30 pm
SUMMARY OF POSITION
The DC Material Handler is required to safely, accurately, and efficiently pick, move, count, label, process, and store inbound and outbound inventory on all tiers. This position is responsible for auditing orders, loading and unloading trucks and wrapper machines, performing Value Added Services, cycle counting and receiving basic freight.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
* Perform various inventory handling activities including loading/unloading trucks, loading/unloading pallets onto a wrap machine, picking cases and full pallet orders, auditing orders, replenishing inventory to assigned locations, applying labels and freight documentation, processing small parcel orders, cycle counting inventory, and receiving inventory.
* Operate motorized pallet jack, forklift, narrow aisle and other departmental equipment.
* Assemble orders while maintaining safety, quality, accuracy, and productivity standards.
* Perform truck battery maintenance including changing batteries as needed.
* Utilize radio frequency scanners and Warehouse Management Systems appropriately and accurately.
* Cycle count inbound and/or outbound material.
* Operate a range of powered industrial trucks on various tiers, perform all pre-shift inspections, perform lock out/tag out procedures, wear appropriate protective gear and following all safety regulations.
* Perform Value Added Services including special labeling, special assembly or configurations, special radio frequency tasks, and moving inventory to special requested pallets.
* Process small package (UPS/Fed EX) orders.
* Maintain appropriate cleaning and safety standards by removing bands, cardboard, excess shrink wrap, empty skids, damaged material and sweeping.
* Observe and report any hazards or damage to equipment, racks, and products immediately.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Ability to safely operate motorized pallet jack, narrow aisle, forklift and other departmental equipment.
* Dependable, punctual, detail and task oriented with ability to multi-task efficiently and effectively.
* Ability to follow detailed instructions, specifications, and safety protocols.
* Knowledge of basic math skills and abilities.
* Demonstrate professional attitude with customers and coworkers.
Work Key Scores:
Work Place Documents - 4
Applied Math - 3
Graphic Literacy - 3
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
* Ability to position and lift 50 - 100 pounds.
* Ability to lift, bend, & stoop when required and stand for extended periods, and work around dust.
* Work requires hearing, mental and visual attention.
This is a fast-paced work environment with consistent pressure to complete duties as outlined above which requires ability to manage multiple projects at a detailed level and provide support to many internal departments in a fast-changing environment. Many duties listed above are time-sensitive and have strict deadlines for completion.