Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
The Nurse Practitioner will assessand providedirect care to a selected group of patients in collaboration with the physicians. The NP will be responsible for carrying out plan of carefor his/her patient panel; will contribute to the actualization of the philosophy and objectives of the specific Division/Department. The NP practices within the scope of practice in care delivery; participates in performance improvement and research activities, and maintains professional practice standards and clinical expertise. The NP will participate in the performance improvement/research activities; maintains professional practice standards and clinical expertise, and demonstrates leadership skills, core and unit-specific competencies based on the patient population served.
EDUCATION, TRAINING & EXPERIENCE
* NYS for a Registered Professional Nurse and current registration or valid permit to practice in New York State as an RN
* Current New York State Nurse Practitioner especially certification and registration
* Masters or Post Masters Certificate in specialty as a nurse practitioner preferred; or a combination of education and experience is acceptable to NY State Education Department and the Director of Nursing and/or Chairman of the Department, or Division Director
* National certification in a Nurse Practitioner specialty (ie: ANCC, AACP or NAPNAP) preferred
* Additional education as required by specialty/patient care location
*Effective English communication skills, both written and oral
* Ability to use data entry and retrieval system
Department: Oncology Bargaining Unit: NYSNA Campus: EINSTEIN Employment Status: Regular Full-Time Address: 1521 Jarrett Place, BronxShift: Day Scheduled Hours: 8 AM-6:30 PM Req ID: 150945
Montefiore is an equal employment opportunity employer. Montefiore will recruit, hire, train, transfer, promote, layoff and discharge associates in all job classifications without regard to their race, color, religion, creed, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, gender, actual or presumed disability, history ofdisability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, pregnancy, military status, marital status,or partnership status, or any other characteristic protected by law.