Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Dematic is an intralogistics innovator that designs, builds and supports intelligent, automated solutions for manufacturing, warehouse and distribution environments for customers that are powering the future of commerce. With engineering centers, manufacturing facilities and service centers located in more than 25 countries, the Dematic global network of 10,000 employees has helped achieve more than 6,000 worldwide customer installations for some of the world’s leading brands. Headquartered in Atlanta, Dematic is a member of KION Group, one of the global leaders in industrial trucks and supply chain solutions, and a leading provider of warehouse automation.
The Maintenance Technician Level IV is responsible for the day-to-day troubleshooting and preventative/predictive maintenance. Acts as a senior material handling technician on all equipment that is installed at a specific site location. Provides assistance and mentors lower-level employees. This position will function as one of the Senior Technicians and would work 7pm - 7am / 4 days on - 3 days / 3 days on - 4 days off.
Using problem solving and critical thinking, key tasks include the following:
1. Repair and maintenance of MHE including belt tracking, component adjustment/replacement, component lubrication, etc.
2. Completes preventative maintenance routines, documentation, and procedures.
3. Use electrical test equipment to troubleshoot electrical circuitry.
4. Create and close work orders into asset management system with appropriate data to include labor hours, equipment maintenance, and parts used.
5. Troubleshoot conveyance problems and understand resources needed to resolve them.
6. Locate and track spare parts from inventory.
7. Performs complex maintenance and equipment testing to ensure they meet specifications.
8. Provide assistance with training customers to operate equipment.
9. Respond to service calls and correct equipment failures and faults.
10. Identify problems as they occur and take appropriate steps to solve them.
11. Develop and maintain positive working relationships across all levels of the organizations.
Education - HS diploma or equivalent required. Typically an Associate degree or vocational technical training preferred. Specialized skill training/certification preferred.
1. Demonstrates a senior-level knowledge of a technical or specialty area.
2. Proven experience in area of responsibility and successful demonstration of position and key tasks as presented above.
1. Able to lift and move material up to 50 pounds each
2. Regular bending, lifting, stretching and reaching both below the waist and above the head
3. Occasionally push and pull wheeled dollies loaded with products up to 100 pounds
4. Engage in full manual dexterity in both hands and wrists
5. Able to climb ladders and gangways safely and without limitation
6. Have functional dexterity in both hands and wrists
7. Working conditions may include small spaces, dust, fumes/odors, hot/cold temperatures, inside/outside noise, vibration, standing on concrete for long hours, and wet or uneven surfaces
8. Must be able to stand/walk for up to 10–12 hours
9. Flexibility in covering multiple shifts and holiday hours as required
10. Must be able to evaluate and analyze
a. System/equipment performance data
b. Perform root cause analysis
c. Manage resolution of design-performance issues
Preferred experience with the following technical skills:
1. Electrical troubleshooting skills to include wiring, ac power, ac motors, electrical drawings/schematics, and control panels
2. Mechanical experience with gearboxes, sprockets, chains, bearings, guide rollers, and other related equipment
3. Servo drives, PLC, PC controllers, dc power supplies, optical devices (i.e., encoders, photoeyes, etc.)
4. Knowledge of automated equipment; preferably automated material handling systems. Some experience with Allen-Bradley RSLogix5000 PLC controls platforms
5. Some experience with DeviceNet, PROFIBUS, Ethernet, or equivalent network communications is a plus
6. MS Office products