Posted in General Business 3 days ago.
We're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business.
Additional Job Posting Locations:
Los Angeles CA
Job Description Summary:
Plan, organize, and direct activities concerned with the construction and maintenance of structures, facilities, and systems resulting in successful project completion.
POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
• Able to perform all essential Project Engineer job responsibilities
• Confer with supervisory personnel, owners, contractors, and design professionals to discuss and resolve matters such as work procedures, complaints, and construction problems
• Attend and participate in Safety Training Program and enforce safety procedures
• Verify subcontractor certificates of insurance
• Prepare and maintain responsibility for CPM job schedule
• Develop Owner and Architect's confidence
• Recruit, organize, train, direct and coordinate field construction team including subcontractor's direct hire work
• Assure work quality - set standards for quality control
• Order materials and tools and plan supply allotment to avoid "crisis" buying
• Prepare necessary reports (e.g. time sheets, work orders, daily reports and invoice approval)
• Document and complete all punch lists in a timely manner
• Review all drawings, specifications and subcontractor submittals
• Chair or attend pre-job conference, regular subcontractor meetings
• Perform start-up testing and turnover to Owner and document final close-out and Owner's acceptance
• Complete other responsibilities as assigned
MINIMUM SKILLS OR EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
• Engineering, Construction Management or Architectural degree, or equivalent experience (2-4 years as General Foreman)
• Extensive field construction experience at supervisory level related to healthcare/OSHPD projects is required
• Current Safety Trained Supervisor (STS) Certification, or achievement of STS Certification within six months of hire, maintenance of active certification status
• Working knowledge of all crafts (ability to read and understand specifications for all trades), and foreman or journeyman in at least one trade, or project engineer
• Knowledge of OSHA laws
• Knowledge of job scheduling, planning, expediting and cost control
• Ability in problem-solving
• Strong sense of urgency
If you like wild growth and working with happy, enthusiastic over-achievers, you'll enjoy your career with us!