Posted in General Business 8 days ago.
Our high growth and leadership position in the renewable energy business offers outstanding opportunities to individuals seeking an exciting work environment in one of the most important industries for the 21st century. First Solar is a leader in the development and manufacturing of thin film solar modules used in grid-connected solar power plants, as well as a provider of complete solar generation solutions for U.S. utilities. Our culture is one where teamwork, continuous improvement, achievement of results, and environmental responsibility are core values. We are seeking new associates who are motivated to contribute their talents to making cost-effective solar energy an important part of the world’s energy mix.
Primary Job Functions:
Basic Job Functions:
• Manage daily business and commercial activities between suppliers, customers, key logistic service providers, and First Solar including inbound and outbound shipment tracking, booking confirmations, arrangement of container pick up/drop off, expediting cargo and coordinating delivery of finished goods, CAPEX, BOM, BOS, strategic materials and spare parts.
• Execute logistics coordination via truck, ocean and air liaising with import brokers, freight forwarders, inland freight carriers, FS Manufacturing facilities, customers and suppliers to meet delivery dates while optimizing freight costs.
• Prepare rate quotations; file them and follow-up on missing information or requests for additional pricing.
• Manage and input all SAP master data entry (rates, lanes, etc.).
• Issue shipper’s letter of instructions to freight forwarders for ocean/air/truck freight shipments
• Prepare and distribute international documentation for shipments originating in the US and Canada to global destinations.
• Responsible for all AES filings done by freight forwarders and self-filings.
• Audit and maintain export recordkeeping for all FS U.S. facilities.
• File freight claims when applicable.
• Prepare monthly and special request reports as required.
• 1-3 plus years of experience in Supply Chain is required
• 1-3 plus years of operational experience in worldwide logistics and import/export operations or purchasing of the global commodity or related products.
• Minimum of 3 years’ experience working in cross functional teams is required
• Experience using SAP or other ERP systems
• Good written, communication and organizational skills
• Four year college degree in Supply Chain or related technical or business field.
• Familiarity with the functionality of SAP, or other ERP systems
• Ability to take direction, work independently and in collaboration with others
• Proven computer skills in a Windows environment; Microsoft office, Excel and Word skills required
• Ability to prioritize tasks consistent with achieving overall supply management organizational goals.
• Good written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
• Ability to handle multiple tasks at the same time
• Ability to complete tasks on time
Essential Functions & Responsibilities
• Effectively communicate with functional peers and peer group managers.
• Conduct business dealings with the highest level of integrity and regard for government, legal regulations and environmental issues.
• Assure adherence to all First Solar processes and procedures, including ISO9000, ISO14000, safety, housekeeping, etc.
Please note: potential candidates will meet the education and experience requirements provided on the above job description and excel in completing the listed responsibilities for this role. All candidates receiving an offer of employment must successfully complete a background check, pre-employment drug screen, and any other test that may be required for the role.
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement: First Solar Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.