Posted in Other 1 day ago.
BUILD YOUR FUTURE, WHILE PROTECTING THEIRS.
You will be challenged. Rewarded. And valued for your unique experience, background and perspective.
Join a team where hard work pays off and original thinking is celebrated. As you build your future at Westfield Insurance, you will quickly learn that protecting our customer's future by delivering on our promise to help restore lives and rebuild businesses when the unexpected happens is at the heart of what we do. Building relationships and caring about people has been part of our culture since 1848. Be a part of a team that recognizes and appreciates those who take initiative, know how to elevate an idea and can innovate and seek opportunity in a changing world.
Customer Care Representative Trainee Job Summary
Location: Westfield Center, OH
Salary Range: $30,000.00
Work Hours: Must be available to work Monday - Friday; An 8 hour shift between 8:00 AM - 8:00 PM
The Customer Care Center Representative Trainee is a 6-month position that builds skills necessary to function as the primary contact for all customer service delivery on billing inquiries, digital inquiries, general inquiries, and/or claims first notice of loss entry via phone, chat, and electronic mail. The trainee is responsible for learning and demonstrating customer service and technical skills for the role as defined in our voice quality assessments. Customer service skills include proactive guidance, active listening, positive language, product knowledge, information accuracy, and procedural/ legal compliance. The trainee is expected to demonstrate a proficient level of customer service and technical skills within 6 months to be considered for open positions in the Customer Care Center.
Essential Functions (primary functions and/or reasons the job exists in order of importance)
1. Attends and actively participates in Customer Care training classes. Demonstrates knowledge learned via quizzes, live calls, role plays and in class activities. Utilizes multiple monitors/screens and applications simultaneously.
2. Answers incoming calls, emails, chat for Customer Care Center (Billing or Claims)
a. Billing: Provides information, answers questions, researches situations, makes decisions and/or solves problems to provide effective customer service to customers, agents, and Westfield employees. Develops a working knowledge of the billing system and policy system. Develops a working knowledge of all functions in the Customer Care Center, including cancellation workflow, cash processing, bad checks, electronic payments, drafts, and research.
b. Claims: Develops knowledge and understanding of claims process to provide information, answer questions, obtain loss information, research situations, and/or solve problems to provide effective customer service to customers, agents, claimants, vendors, and Westfield employees. Develops a working knowledge of the claim system and policy system. Begins initial investigation on file by obtaining information from reporting party (phone, electronic mail) regarding event, liability, and damages, as well as names of injured parties. Advises caller on applicable deductible. Enters all needed information into claims system. Completes triage services as needed.
3. Develops productive work habits and time management skills to ensure schedule adherence and work within established service level agreements for contact center.
Desired Qualifications/Experience/Certification/Education (in order of importance)
1. Minimum 1 year of work experience, preferably in a service-related position.
2. Strong customer service skills.
3. Strong oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
4. Strong data entry skills, with proficiency in keyboarding and operating a calculator.
5. Prior experience with multiple monitors/screens, and applications open while using simultaneously.
6. Capable of working with all levels of the organization and external customers.
7. High School Diploma, GED, or commensurate work experience.
Physical Requirements (specific to the role)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
* Ability to work effectively in an office environment for 40+ hours per week (including sitting, standing and working on a computer for extended periods of time).
* Ability to communicate effectively in a collaborative work environment utilizing various technologies such as: telephone, computer, web, voice, teleconferencing, e-mail, etc.
* Regular on-site attendance required.
This job description describes the general nature and level of work performed in this role. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, responsibilities, knowledge, etc. These may be subject to change and additional functions may be assigned as needed by management.
Westfield offers a Total Rewards program that focuses on compensation, benefits and wellness, and includes perks like 401(k), pension plan, annual incentive, education reimbursement, flex-time, onsite fitness center and casual dress. Work-life balance, recognition, and learning and career development are all part of a rewarding career with Westfield Insurance.
To learn more about Westfield and the opportunities available, please visit us at www.westfieldinsurance.com
We are an equal opportunity employer/minority/female/disability/protected veterans.