Posted in Other 12 days ago.
Nyhart, now part of FuturePlan by Ascensus, is an award-winning consulting, actuarial, and administration services company. We're dedicated to maximizing the potential of our human resources and are committed to recruiting, developing, rewarding, and retaining a workforce that delivers quality customer service to over 2,000 clients in all 50 states.
Summary / Objective
Provides legal and technical assistance to Nyhart staff and clients.
* Drafts legal documents, such as pension and welfare plans, summary plan descriptions, and administrative service agreements.
* Researches and responds to questions from team members, consultants, and clients.
* Prepares IRS filings for plan qualification and termination.
* Other duties as assigned.
Skills & Qualifications
* Paralegal Certificate
* 2+ years of experience as an employee benefit specialist or paralegal
* Knowledge of ERISA Internal Revenue Code and regulations
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Legal research experience
* CEBS designation desirable
At Ascensus, we aspire to make a difference for others. We are a technology-enabled services company that helps people save for retirement, education, and healthcare through our network of institutional, financial advisor, and state partners. Our culture is guided by sound principles, is committed to high standards, operates with transparency, and welcomes diversity-housed within our Core Values: People Matter. Quality First. Integrity Always.
As a leading independent recordkeeping services partner, retirement plan third-party administrator, and government savings facilitator, we aim to hire associates who find pride in going to work every day knowing that they help more than 12 million people save for what matters.