Posted in Other 12 days ago.
Supervisory Position: No
CNA is one of the largest Commercial Insurance Companies in the country, headquartered in Chicago, IL with offices across the USA. Globally CNA has over 5,000 employees worldwide and the ability to underwrite and offer our products in over 200 countries. CNA provides Insurance and Reinsurance solutions that allow us and our customers to better manage their risks and grow profitably.
We are seeking a Senior Reinsurance Analyst to join our Corporate Reinsurance department at CNA. In this role, the ideal candidate will exhibit a broad understanding of reinsurance principles along with strong data management, claims, Microsoft Excel, and financial reconciliation skills. This role works closely with other internal business units, including Corporate Accounting and Actuarial, as well as external service providers.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Performs a combination of duties in accordance with departmental guidelines:
AVP or above.
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities
1. Solid technical expertise and knowledge of reinsurance products and services, including Accounting principles, practices and procedures. Prior claim handling experience, particularly with respect to environmental and mass tort claims, a plus.
2. Strong interpersonal and communication skills. Ability to effectively interact with all levels of CNA's internal and external business partners.
3. Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
4. Ability to deal with ambiguous situations and issues.
5. Ability to exercise independent judgement and effectively resolve issues.
6. Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and other business-related software.
Education & Experience
1. Bachelor's degree in Business or Accounting preferred or equivalent experience.
2. Typically a minimum of three to five years of accounting, reinsurance or claims experience.
3. Applicable professional designations, or related coursework preferred.