Posted in Other 9 days ago.
GKN Aerospace is the world's leading multi-technology tier 1 aerospace supplier. With 51 manufacturing locations in 14 countries, we serve over 90% of the world"s aircraft and engine manufacturers. We design and manufacture innovative smart aerospace systems and components. Every time you travel by air almost anywhere in the world, it is likely that GKN is helping you on your way.
We are looking for people who want to make a difference, talented members with the skills and passions to become the best of the future in what they do.
Responsible for inspecting large fabricated aircraft metal parts/assemblies to identify potential areas of concern to ensure compliance with customer engineering and contract specifications.
Read blue prints, work orders, special instructions and other support documentation to perform inspections.
* Inspect and verify parts received from subcontractors, processing, and internal production parts.
* Perform conductivity and hardness testing
* Use precision measuring equipment (such as micrometers and calipers)
* Prepare and submit documentation of discrepant parts and follows up with customer to disposition of product.
* Buy off on orders.
* Regularly interact with internal engineering, supply chain and contracts personnel.
* Operate coordinate measuring machine (CMM) to inspect parts
* Operate Laser Radar and other electronic measuring systems
* Perform other inspection activities as assigned
High School or completion of GED
* Two year technical degree or equivalent experience
* Plus, at least three years of inspection experience.
* Ability to read blueprints
* Proficiency in the use dimensional inspection tools, including micrometer gauges
* Responsible for inspecting large fabricated aircraft metal parts/assemblies to identify potential areas of concern to ensure compliance with customer engineering and contract specifications.
Diversity Inclusion and Belonging (DIB)
As a global engineering company, innovation is what differentiates us from our competitors and is central to our success.
A balance of cultures, ethnicities and genders help bring new ideas and creativity to GKN. We need people of different backgrounds, with different skills and perspectives to spark originality, imagination and creativeness in our teams around the world.
GKN is an equal opportunity employer.
We treat all our employees and applicants fairly and are committed to ensuring that there is no discrimination or harassment against any employee or qualified applicant on the grounds of age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: Wichita