Posted in Other 3 days ago.
International Flavors and Fragrances (IFF) Nutrition & Biosciences is seeking multiple Material Handlers to join our team in Midland, MI! If you are hardworking, dependable, and safety conscious, then this is the role for you! We pride ourselves on being a performance-based company that promotes hard working employees who are looking to make a career with us.
IFF Nutrition & Biosciences business is a world leader delivering innovative and sustainable solutions. We are a global, diverse and inclusive winning team of more than 6,000 employees based in multiple countries. Benefitting from our diversity in nationalities, gender, educational and personal backgrounds, we are joint in our ambition to bring solutions to the world which enable a more sustainable and healthy world!
As a Material Handler, you will be responsible for completing various tasks around the plant in an accurate and safe manner. Material Handlers start at a base rate of $15.39 plus shift differential. We offer a competitive benefit package that is effective on the first day of employment and includes medical, dental, vision, 401k (company match up to 6% plus an additional 3% of eligible pay), vacation, holiday and a bonus plan!
The essential functions of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
* Operate, maintain, clean all equipment associated with the various packaging operations
* Package finished product in appropriate packing components per work instructions
* Obtain required samples of finished product during packaging operations for laboratory testing
* Receive raw materials, packaging, and other supplies per work instructions
* Stage, prepare, and load product
* Complete all paperwork as required
* Follow all safety and (c)GMP rules
* Perform duties assigned routinely and during plant emergencies.
* Environmental responsibilities include proper disposal of waste materials to prevent pollution and use of proper safety procedures to reduce employee health risks.
The following are required:
* High school diploma/GED
* A valid driver's license
* Willing and able to routinely lift up to 50lbs with or without reasonable accommodation
* Willing and able to perform repetitive movement, including climb multiple flights of stairs, stand, stoop, and bend
* Willing and able to work a rotating shift schedule, including weekends and holidays as required
* Willing and able to wear a respirator and other personal protective equipment (PPE), such as steel toes, hardhat, Nomex protective eyewear, face shields, arc protective clothing, and SCBA (self-contained breathing apparatus)
* Good communication skills and the ability to follow directions
* Complete the Material Handler Training Checklist
* After the incumbents have completed 6 weeks of employment, they will have to pass an on the job examination including oral, field, and/or written portions to ensure their knowledge of the process equipment, operating concepts, and technical principles
Note: For consideration for the position, one must include an updated resume, participate and be successful in an interview process, and pass a drug screen, background check, physical screen, etc.
Nearest Major Market: Midland Michigan
Nearest Secondary Market: Saginaw