Posted in Other 3 days ago.
Location: Columbia, MD
Are you someone who seeks opportunity and has a true desire to grow your career with an organization that has enriched the lives of its clients and communities in the Greater Washington region for more than 150 years? If so, Sandy Spring Bank may be the perfect fit for you!
Sandy Spring Bank is a growing financial services company focused on creating real experiences for our employees, clients, shareholders and communities. We are proud to have been recognized by The Washington Post and the Baltimore Sun as a Top Workplace, by Forbes magazine as the #1 Bank in Maryland, as well as by American Banker as a Best Bank to Work For. It is our employees who play an integral role in shaping who we are as a company and upholding what matters most to us: people and relationships.
To help us attract the highest quality individuals, we offer a comprehensive benefits package to those who qualify. We offer competitive market salaries, paid time off, multiple retirement savings options, full health care options, life insurance, health care and dependent care flexible spending accounts, career development opportunities, tuition assistance and volunteer opportunities. We are proud to offer those, and so much more, making Sandy Spring Bank a remarkable place to work and build a career.
About The Job
Sandy Spring Bank is currently recruiting for a Staff Auditor in the Audit department. If you are the chosen candidate, you will be responsible for performing internal audit work on assigned internal audits. Work involves conducting financial, operational, and compliance audits under the direction of an Audit Manager or the Audit Segment Director. Also performs testing of internal controls for compliance with the Sarbanes-Oxley Act Section 404. Position requires a working knowledge of banking and auditing concepts, and the ability to apply that knowledge. Complies with all organizational and professional ethical standards. Works under general supervision of an Audit Manager or Audit Segment Director.
Areas of focus:
* Performs tests of the operating effectiveness of internal controls.
* Tests for compliance with applicable regulations.
* Draws logical conclusions from the results of analysis and tests conducted in the assessment of the design and operating effectiveness of internal controls.
* Performs audit work consistent with department standards and industry practices.
* Participates in the preparation of audit findings in conjunction with the Audit Manager.
* Has a knowledge of and can apply the Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing and the Code of Ethics developed by the Institute of Internal Auditors.
* Maintains effective and professional working relationships with bank staff in audit areas.
* Becomes familiar with products, processes, systems, and regulations that impact assigned audits.
* Pursues professional development opportunities, including external and internal training and professional association memberships, and shares information gained with co-workers.
* Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university. Degree in a field relevant to the position is desired (e.g. accounting, finance, information technology). In some cases, substantial relevant banking experience may be substituted for some education.
* A strong commitment to professional and ethical behavior.
* Strong oral and written communications skills.
* Ability to collect and analyze complex data, evaluate information and systems, and draw logical conclusions.
* Considerable skill in using a computer with word processing, spreadsheet, and other business software.
* Ability to establish and maintain harmonious working relationships with co-workers, staff and external contacts, and to work effectively in a professional team environment.
Sandy Spring Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We maintain a drug-free workplace environment and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position, please call our job line at 1-800-399-5919 and select option 5. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
Apply NowShare Save Job