Posted in Management 30+ days ago.
Is responsible for leading and directing a team with a proven record of successful projects and manage large complex projects or multiple projects while overseeing the work of one or more project managers.
1. Partners with project directors in responding to RFP's including the preparation of conceptual estimates, schedules and other proposal documents. Participates in client presentation if required.
2. Participates in design review meetings and provides input regarding constructability, as well as scope and cost changes. Monitors the progress of design documents.
3. Prepares detailed estimates, cost code input, and cost control systems.
4. Prepares bid packages and invitation to bid inquiries, receiving and analyzing bids, qualifying subcontractors, and awarding subcontracts and major purchase orders.
5. Works with director of construction and construction core personnel to establish job organization including superintendent and PCE requirements.
6. Plans, sequences, and schedules the project with input from the superintendent and subcontractors. Directs the project schedule, conducts job site meetings and prepares updated schedules.
7. Responsible for project cost control including updating of labor cost reports, summary cost reports and project status summaries.
8. Directs requirements of governing authorities for permits, inspections and final approval of the project with A/E.
9. Maintains submittal control, including scheduling, receiving, reviewing, approving and expediting submittals from suppliers and subcontractors to comply with progress schedule.
10. Effectively manages client relations, including progress meetings, correspondence, periodic reports, change orders and response to client inquiries.
11. Maximizes project cash flow through invoicing and collections. Prepares requisitions for payment and other required project invoicing.
12. Prepares and secures owner acceptance of contract change orders. Issues modifications to subcontracts and purchase orders after owner acceptance and updates budget in summary cost report.
13. Manages and ensures payments to subcontractors and vendors, including reviewing and approving schedules of value, pay requisitions, invoices and required insurance coverage.
14. Manages subcontractor and supplier performance issues including documentation, default notices and replacement, if necessary.
15. Reviews and monitors project progress, quality and safety. Works with superintendent and makes corrections as required to comply with contract and company policy and procedures.
16. Actively involved with the development of construction personnel through mentoring and on-the-job training; to include performance management.
17. Effectively directs project close-out tasks and any warranty work.
Bachelor's degree in engineering or construction management or equivalent plus 10 years or more of experience in construction, design or management.
Specific Knowledge, Skills, License, Certifications Etc..:
1. Expertise in managing resources, including budgets, schedules and materials in an environment of multiple, competing demands
2. Knowledge of estimating, construction methods, engineering, equipment and technology
3. Excellent understanding of safety procedures.
4. Excellent organizational, supervisory, communication, collaboration and analytical skills
5. Ability to travel per project requirements
6. Ability to understand and execute the company vision and values of Team, Excellence, Service and Trust
Environmental Factors and/or Physical Requirements: While performing the duties of this job, this position is required to have ordinary ambulatory skills sufficient to visit other locations; and the ability to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, and manipulate (lift, carry, move) light to medium weights of 10-50 pounds. Requires good hand-eye coordination, arm, hand and finger dexterity, including ability to grasp, and visual acuity to use a keyboard, operate equipment and read application/form information. The associate frequently is required to sit, reach with hands and arms, talk and hear.
about 1 hour ago
Baylor, Scott & White Health
about 5 hours ago
about 6 hours ago
less than a minute ago
less than a minute ago
1 minute ago