Posted in General Business 30+ days ago.
The basic function of this position is to provide customer service for KM customers which includes but is not limited to: order processing, scheduling, bill of lading preparation, and management of inventory levels. The incumbent interfaces extensively with terminal operations personnel, co-workers, customers, and, regulatory personnel as required.
• Interact with assigned customer base which includes maintaining all customer paperwork, installed systems, and equipment.
• • Closely interact with customer elected carriers, surveyors, etc., regarding orders and product movement.
• • Prepare orders for inbound and outbound trucks, and barges on a daily basis, up to eight-hours per day. Includes all associated paperwork, extensive interaction with truck drivers, customers and co-workers, and entering transactions into the Galahad data base.
• • Strict adherence to security regulations and procedures as stated in the terminal's Facility Security Plan.
• • Accurately update/maintain the Galahad system. A broad range of inventory system knowledge and skills is required, including an in-depth understanding of the Galahad system. This requires a detailed knowledge of inventory procedures, i. e., input and confirm inbound/outbound movements, identify variances (gains and losses), run reports, enter gauges and the activation of new contracts. Analyzes product movement operations for accuracy and accountability.
• • Work with operations, co-workers, scheduling, measurement, inspectors, and customers to reconcile custody transfer volumes. Utilizes knowledge of Inventory System in responding to report requests and inquires.
• • Completes month-end-close to provide timely information to accounting for billing, and to customers for their month-end-close.
• • Responds to requests for product throughput analysis from various departments and customers.
• • Prepare monthly and annual regulatory reports as required.
• • Provide any required billing information to Accounts Payable.
• • Track terminal expenditures and revenue and assist with weekly forecasting
• • Assist Terminal Manager as needed.
Must consistently demonstrate a courteous, professional attitude when handling customer inquires, as well as when dealing with co-workers.
• Must be receptive to co-worker guidance and suggestion, and, evaluate accordingly.
• Handle non-routine customer requests, problems, and inquiries that could entail in-depth research, complex reasoning, and decision making.
• Must have strong analytical skills.
• Must have very good PC skills, with above average skills in Excel, Word, and Microsoft Outlook. A working knowledge of Access is desirable.
• Well-balanced interpersonal skills and strong verbal and written communications skills are required.
• Requires tact and diplomacy in dealing with outside parties, which must also be balanced by standing firm when company personnel, property or equipment needs to be protected.
•Must be able to take direction from supervisors, keep required work schedules, focus attention on details, adhere to operational procedures and follow work rules.
• Must be self-motivated and capable of working with minimal supervision and/or direction.
• Organizational skills and the ability to prioritize tasks are essential.
• Must be a problem solver with the ability to find resolutions.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
3 minutes ago
3 minutes ago
about 3 hours ago
Sonesta International Hotels Corporation