Posted in Finance 30+ days ago.
Job ID: 20392
The Senior Staff Accountant is responsible for supporting the timely and accurate delivery of complex accounting activities and financial analyses utilized by management to drive business decisions. Primary concentration centers around tactical accounting responsibilities (ex. General Ledger, Account Reconciliations, etc.), compliance-related testing (e.g. Sarbanes Oxley), and management-required reporting. Effective communication throughout all levels of the organization including sound analytical proficiencies and advanced Microsoft Office (Excel) skills will be keys to success.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Month End Financial Closing - Responsible for monthly G/L closing including journal entries & account reconciliations & analysis. Assist in uploading data to HFM corporate reporting system.
• Management Reporting - Prepare daily & monthly financial reporting of key business indicators (KPIs) (e.g. shipments/bookings/earned hours/absorption) for tracking and trending purposes.
• Capital/Fixed Assets - Responsible for coordinating capital requisitions and maintaining Fixed Assets in FAS System. This includes posting necessary entries for monthly depreciation, additions, and disposals to G/L. Complete annual fixed asset physical inventory.
• Leases - Responsible for maintaining leases in KLT lease accounting software including adding new leases, running month end reports & posting appropriate journal entry. Assist Plant Controller in an annual review of new & existing vendor contracts to determine if it qualifies as a lease under the new ASC 842 guidelines.
• Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) - Responsible for SOX quarterly testing following corporate internal audit test procedures. Completing required forms & testing necessary for SOX compliance. Perform quarterly cycle count inventory audit.
• Expense Analysis - Assist in budget/forecast expense projections. Prepare monthly expense reporting comparing Budget/Forecast to actual expenses.
• Cost Accounting – Cross train with Senior Financial Analyst to become backup in inventory, costing analysis & reporting including the yearly standard cost roll.
• Other duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field required
• Minimum 5 years’ accounting experience; experience within a manufacturing environment strongly preferred
• Advanced knowledge of Excel including Pivot and V-Lookup tables
• Manufacturing ERP Experience (Navision helpful) strongly preferred
• Strong organization skills, ability to multitask, and commitment to efficiency, timeliness, quality, accuracy, and confidentiality.
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects independently, with minimal direction, and with solid follow-through
• Great communication skills, with ability to collaborate across departments
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against
any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex,
age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity,
status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal,
state or local protected class.
1 day ago
3 days ago
4 days ago