Posted in Engineering 24 days ago.
Our high growth and leadership position in the renewable energy business offers outstanding opportunities to individuals seeking an exciting work environment in one of the most important industries for the 21st century. First Solar is a leader in the development and manufacturing of thin film solar modules used in grid-connected solar power plants, as well as a provider of complete solar generation solutions for U.S. utilities. Our culture is one where teamwork, continuous improvement, achievement of results, and environmental responsibility are core values. We are seeking new associates who are motivated to contribute their talents to making cost-effective solar energy an important part of the world’s energy mix.
Primary Job Functions:
Basic Job Functions:
• Will conduct developmental tests in line and on test equipment, including glass handling and sample fabrication.
• 1 year work experience in a manufacturing or lab environment.
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• Proven communication skills and attention to detail
• Ability to follow verbal and/or written instructions/test plans
• Average computer skills (Word, Excel, SQL)
• Good team player
• Average ability to use tools and operating equipment is required (micrometers, multimeters, power supplies and data logger)
• Possess the ability to learn to use JMP and SQL applications
• Ability to repetitively handle glass plates and finished modules
• Ability to operate a fork lift is required
Essential Functions & Responsibilities
• Responsible to ensure that all the tests are complete as per the schedule including sample acquiring, testing and data entry for all Development tests
• Responsible to communicate immediately any abnormal finding on the product or testing equipment
• Willing to work long hours and weekends (as needed) to support any testing or measurement
• Able to work independently with little supervision
• Ability to handle production plates and finished modules repetitively for testing and randomization of samples
• Sample preparation for development tests including cutting of plates
• Sorting and pulling finished modules and delivering to reliability for testing
• Preparation of thermal profile plates
• Ability to support production line activities and measurements as needed
• Responsible to perform any baseline or post-test measurement whenever needed
• Responsible to support Engineer on any improvement project.
• Able to analyze simple datasets using JMP and SQL application
• Adheres to all safety procedures and good housekeeping standards.
• Responsible to assist in any other task or job assigned by supervisor
• Consistently demonstrates efficient and effective methods to deliver quality test results.
• Will sit, stand or walk short distances for up to the entire duration of a shift
• Will climb stairs on an occasional basis
• Will lift, push or pull up to 27 pounds on an occasional basis
• Required to use hands to grasp, lift, handle, carry or feel objects on a frequent basis
• 20/40 vision in each eye, with or without correction, is required
• Must be able to comply with all safety standards and procedures
• May reach above shoulder heights and below the waist on a frequent basis
• May stoop, kneel, or bend, on an occasional basis
• Ability to wear personal protective equipment is required (including but not limited to; steel toed shoes, gloves, safety glasses, hearing protection, protective jacket or apron and arm guards)
• All associates working on the production floor may be required to wear a respirator at any given time and thus, the ability to wear a respirator is a condition of employment and continued employment (requires little or no facial hair)
Please note: potential candidates will meet the education and experience requirements provided on the above job description and excel in completing the listed responsibilities for this role. All candidates receiving an offer of employment must successfully complete a background check, pre-employment drug screen, and any other test that may be required for the role.
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement: First Solar Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
about 4 hours ago
about 4 hours ago
about 11 hours ago
about 8 hours ago
about 13 hours ago
Eugene Water & Electric Board
about 15 hours ago