Are you our next Delivery Driver?
Operate company-owned and or leased trucks. Transports and delivers material between company warehouses/branches and/or customers. This position will backup positions in the Warehouse as needed.
Essential Job Functions & Physical Demands:
Through previous background and experience, the candidate must be able to demonstrate, with or without an accommodation, the ability to:
- Effectively respond to and interact with organizational staff and customers.
- Receive, store and distribute materials and products.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job:
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear.
- This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing all day.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move items over 50 pounds receptively and unassisted.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide outstanding customer service during delivery and pickup operations.
- Maintain all required certifications required by DOT and OSHA and company safety programs.
- Maintain and protect all property in excellent condition.
- Perform any other tasks assigned to support and improve the overall team operations.
- Read orders such as customer, work, shipping and transfer orders to determine products to be moved, gathered or distributed.
- Convey material and products from receiving area to storage or other designated areas.
- Assemble customer orders from stock and place on pallets or shelves; or convey orders to packing station or shipping department.
- Load, transport and deliver customer orders and branch transfers to specified branches.
- Responsibilities also include learning delivery area, checking orders for accuracy, executing cash management duties.
- Complete truck safety assessment for mechanical problems prior to beginning routes.
- Inspect truck supplies and equipment, including tires, lights, brakes, gas, oil, and water.
- Responsible for safe operations of all vehicles and communicating the maintenance and care of the Vehicle
- Strong mathematical skills to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, including fractions and decimals.
- Must be able to read and interpret invoices and packing slips.
- Must be able to lift at least 50 pounds unassisted.
- Must possess a current, valid Driver's License
- Must maintain violation free driving record.