Posted in Other 3 days ago.
DO YOU NEED...
Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance?
401k Plan with Generous Match & Retirement Contribution?
3 Weeks of Paid Vacation & 12 Paid Holidays?
DO YOU WANT TO WORK...
In a flexible, High Performance Work System?
In a Phenomenal Culture?
With Outstanding People?
IFF is growing and we are looking for a dedicated and passionate individual to join our Litesse team. FF's Nutrition & Biosciences is seeking an 1196 Packaging Operator to join our team in Terre Haute, IN. If you are an outgoing and self-driven individual who likes collaborating with different teams, then this is the role for you!
The Intermediate Packaging Operator reports to the Packaging Line Manager and is responsible for work such as testing metal detectors, running test bags, documenting operations, operating complex packaging machines, starting up pneumatic convey systems, utilizing bulk filling devices, manual and automatic palletizing operations, introducing rework into the process, tote and drum filling.
* Monitor shop operations through use of the distributed process control Operator Interface Unit.
* Perform shop start-up activities including changing equipment filters, testing metal detectors, completing check-weigh documentation, and running test bags.
* Complete end of shift tasks such as shift documentation, wet sifting, and Tennant floor cleaner operation.
* Perform Lot Change requirements including ending and beginning documentation, and subdivision of samples.
* Operate the different Bagging equipment for Dry powder, and liquid filling systems, palletizer, tote filling, and drum filling devices. These activities require cleaning vacuum probes and fill heads, changing stretch wrap film, changing filter receiver bags, and other tasks.
* Perform sanitation tasks as required by the Master Sanitation Schedule.
* Introduce rework into the process as required.
* Run sieve analysis for specific product types and forms.
* Disassemble, clean and reassemble packaging equipment.
* Move and position semi-trailers used for bulk product transport utilizing the Ottawa truck tractor.
* Comprehend and comply with all requirements of the quality, environmental, and safety management systems.
* Sample and document the process at various intervals, monitoring and recording data.
* Perform minor mechanical tasks ensuring that equipment is in good operating condition.
* Operate within GMP guidelines at all times, paying particular attention to area housekeeping.
* Assist in the completion of other departmental tasks as required.
* Perform activities per the Hazardous Waste and DOT Hazardous Material - Position Description Appendix, EDOC-030
* Associate's degree and/or chemical process/ or packaging operations experience preferred. (High School Diploma/ GED Required)
* Knowledge of or experience with process control systems (Fisher, Bailey, etc.) personal computers, and software such as Notes, Excel, and Word is highly desired.
* Ability to perform basic math skills, use simple technical formulas, and work with charts/tables.
* Must successfully obtain forklift certification and hold a valid Indiana drivers license.
* Must work 10 - 12 hour shifts (or rotating shifts) including weekends and holidays. Must work overtime as required.
* Must be able to repeatedly lift 55 pounds.
* Must be able to climb stairs and ladders.
* Must be capable of completing work while wearing a respirator. Packaging is a clean-shaven environment
Competencies Utilized in this Position:
* Problem Solving
* Solution Focused
* Peer Relationships
* Action Oriented
* Forward Thinking
At IFF, we believe that your uniqueness unleashes our potential. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and are committed to providing a diverse and inclusive workplace. Visit IFF.com/careers to learn more about our Equality Policy.
about 10 hours ago
about 10 hours ago
about 17 hours ago