Posted in Other 12 days ago.
Position OverviewWe are currently seeking a motivated Assistant Researcher Senior to join the Biopharmaceutical Innovation Optimization Center (BIO Center). The ideal candidate will perform research associated with developing assays for drugs and their metabolites for pharmacokinetic analysis using LCMS/MS. The candidate must have experience with analytical chemistry, mass spectrometry, bioanalytical chemistry, HPLC/UV method development, and drug substance characterization. Experience with Empower software used on Waters instrumentation is preferred. The candidate is responsible for assisting with developing bioanalytical methods for experimental drugs and metabolites using mass spectrometry. The candidate will also perform assay development and validation, and physical/chemical characterization of drug candidates using HPLC/UV methodology. The candidate will assist with the specialized research areas LCMS and HPLC.
The Biopharmaceutical Innovation and Optimization Center (BIO Center) provides drug delivery, solubilization, and stabilization services to researchers. The Center is located on the KU Lawrence West campus in McCollum Research Laboratory. The BIO Center works with researchers at the University of Kansas and with experts around the world to transform new discoveries into products for patients. A large portion of the Centers research is conducted in partnership with the KU Cancer Center (KUCC). The KUCC is one of 67 NCI- designated Comprehensive Cancer Centers in the United States.
Job Description50% - Assist with the development, design, and implementation of research plan to meet customer expectations. Assist with identifying and solving complex research problems. Assist with the writing research protocols. Conduct research, working as part of a research team in scientific areas consistent with general research areas of the BIO Center and its affiliated researchers. Activities including operating skilled instrumentation per protocols and SOP's (LCMS/MS, HPLC), monitor output, and performs analysis of data. Conducts research, working as part of a research team and performs research related activities. Interacts with other researchers and collaborates on lab techniques, study methodology, and suggests new techniques.
25% - Assist with the data analysis and research reports for customers. Monitor the integrity of data collection and appropriate use of protocols, Standard Operating Procedures. Troubleshoot instrumentation maintenance and general repairs. Update documentation and analytical methodology used in support of formulations. Provide technical and/or research related support for performing a broad range of complex laboratory and/or research related tasks. Train other researchers in equipment use, study methodology, and data collection techniques. Assist with the identification of problems, recommend and implement solutions. Coordinate data collection and screening to verify data. Acquires and performs analysis of data.
15% - Actively participate in the activities of the BIO Center including, but not limited to, participation in scientific seminars, participation in group meetings and relevant seminars, reporting progress for the benefit of reports, collaborating with Center scientists and presentation of scholarly work in appropriate local, regional, and national settings. Directs and coordinates with others to refine or adapt methodologies to fit research requirements.
10% - Conduct literature search and research activities independently in labs. Assist with preparation of scientific manuscripts for publication and assistance in compiling data for filing patents and seminars including maintenance of detailed records of research and findings. All relevant data must be recorded in a laboratory notebook following a standard style utilized by the laboratory. Required Qualifications1. Bachelor's degree in a related field and three years' experience in an industrial or academic laboratory setting, OR a Master's degree in a related field and two years of experience in an industrial or academic laboratory setting.
2. Experience developing assays for drugs and their metabolites for pharmacokinetic analysis using LC/MS/MS.
3. Minimum three years of experience in drug development research, including analytical chemistry, mass spectrometry, bioanalytical chemistry, and HPLC Chromatography.
4. Minimum three years of experience with HPLC method development including optimization of chromatographic separations, column selection and adjustments to the HPLC instrumentation.
5. Minimum three years of experience in solubilization of experimental compounds and preparation of dosing solutions.
6. Experience performing periodic maintenance and repairs on LCMS and Mass Spectrometry instrumentation, as evidenced in application materials. Preferred Qualifications1. Experience managing and organizing multiple research projects.
2. Experience working in a collaborative environment.
3. Experience with Empower software on Waters instrumentation.
4. Minimum of 3 years experience in protein binding, cell permeability, and capillary electrophoresis. Additional Candidate InstructionsA complete application includes an online application, cover letter, resume highlighting pertinent experience relative to the required and preferred qualifications and contact information for three professional references. Only complete applications will be considered.
Application review begins on December 2, 2021 and will continue until a successful candidate has been identified. Contact Information to ApplicantsLanaea Heine
785-864-5141 Advertised Salary Range36,731.00 - 55,000.00 Commensurate with experience Application Review Begins02-Dec-2021 Anticipated Start Date03-Jan-2022
The University of Kansas
The University of Kansas
The University of Kansas