The University of Central Missouri is an equal employment opportunity employer
University of Central Missouri
Requisition Number 999517
Working Title Assistant Vice Provost for EM and Director of Admissions
Pay Rate Commensurate with experience
Position Number 999517
Starting Date: 11/18/2021
Special Instructions to Applicants: This is a full-time benefits-eligible position. Benefits include competitive salary; health, dental, vision, life insurance, AD & D, long-term disability; 3 weeks paid vacation per year; 3 weeks of accrued sick leave per year; 13 paid holidays; retirement; and generous education assistance for an employee, spouse and dependent children taking classes at UCM.Completed UCM online application for employment required.Incomplete applications will not be considered.A review will begin immediately and continue until filled. NOTE: A background check is required for the selected candidate of this position and any job offer is contingent on the results of this check.The University of Central Missouri is an Equal Opportunity Employer and specifically invites applications from women, minorities, veteran status, and people with disabilities.
Working hours: Monday-Friday 8:00 am -5:00 pm Occasional nights and weekends Exempt position
Bargaining Unit No
Posting Date 11/18/2021
Open Until Filled Yes
Position Purpose Position Purpose: State briefly the principal purpose or focus of the position. Describe the primary function of the position (what the position must accomplish) and the major objective (why that function is performed). This information will be included on the job posting when this position is advertised.
The Associate Vice Provost for Enrollment Management and Director of Admissions ( AVP , EM) exists to provide leadership, mentoring, strategic guidance, and vision to the Office of Admissions as well as ensuring alignment with enrollment management goals while simultaneously articulating the value of an education at UCM .
The Enrollment Management Division and is comprised of more than 58 full-time staff who serve students in a collaborative team effort through numerous offices: Undergraduate Admissions, Academic Support Services, Career Services, Financial Aid, Military and Veterans Services, Veterans Upward Bound, Title III Grant, and Academic Success Advising.
The AVPEM serves as the chief admissions officer and assists the Executive Vice Provost in meeting all university goals as related to recruitment and enrollment outcomes. This position exists primarily to oversee all aspects of the undergraduate domestic admissions office including admissions processing, recruitment, communication, yield activities, visit program, and new student orientation.
The AVPEM has primary responsibility for the recruitment of new undergraduate students to the university. As such, the incumbent selected for this role is required to develop and execute innovative recruitment planning designed to attain or exceed University admission and yield goals in specific market segments (freshmen, transfer, in/out-of-state, diversity, quality, quantity, academic programs). Further, this individual is required to develop strategies to adjust to changing trends in strategic recruitment using best practices and current technological solutions. In addition, this position is ultimately responsible for the regular assessment of admissions strategy and leveraging data to make informed decisions related to enrollment forecasting and outcomes.
Education & Formal Training Master's degree (Specify field(s) of study below)
Other Education & Formal Training Master's degree required in Higher Education Administration, Student Affairs or related field.
Experience 1. Master's degree from a regionally accredited higher education institution
2. Five (5) years of progressively responsible experience in undergraduate admissions with a proven track record of success in meeting enrollment goals
3. Three (3) years of supervisory experience
4. Comprehensive knowledge of admissions programs/enrollment management concepts utilized to attract new students. 5. Proven track record in student conversion from prospect to matriculation through the use of innovative and strategic approaches towards recruitment
6. Experience in admissions operations/systems
7. Prior budgetary oversight required
8. Ability and willingness to work flexible hours and extended days with a very fluid and changing environment
1. Seven years of higher education experience in admissions and enrollment management with increasing levels of responsibility 2. Demonstrated track record of transformational leadership which is both inclusive and collaborative 3. Several years' experience at the Director of Admissions level or higher
4. Proficiency in Ellucian Banner ERP and Technolutions Slate CRM
5. Understanding of statistical data analytics as applied to mathematical applications within a recruitment and enrollment management environment
6. Prior budgetary oversight with budgets exceeding $1M (salaries and operating)
7. Understanding of enrollment management related technology and how that connects to the recruitment of prospective students
Licenses, Certificates, Registrations, & State/Federal Requirements of Position: Criminal History check, Driver's license, Missouri license required
Special Skills, Abilities, and Knowledge: Attention to detail, Budget-related skills, Communication skills, including oral, written, and/or nonverbal, Knowledge of a University environment preferred, Human Relations/Interpersonal skills, Leadership skills: organization/meeting facilitation/project leadership, Physical abilities: mobility/strength/dexterity/balance/coordination/endurance, Supervisory skills, including motivation, delegation of duties, evaluation, etc, Management and/or administration skills, Ability to manage multiple concurrent projects and meet deadlines, Maintain confidentiality
Other Physical & Environmental Factors The incumbent is expected to attend recruitment and admission-related activities, including evening and weekend events.
Special Working Conditions: Travel required, Irregular work hours, Professional appearance, Work in stressful conditions
Other Special Working Conditions Incumbent is expected to attend recruitment and admission related activities, Including evening and weekend events.
Ability to Keyboard No keyboarding test required.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
* Do you understand that the university requires a background check for this position and that any job offer made to the selected candidate is contingent upon the results of this check?
* This position requires five years of progressively responsible experience in undergraduate admissions with a proven track record of success in meeting enrollment goals. Tell us about your experience and track record. (Open Ended Question)