Posted in Information Technology 30+ days ago.
PLEASE NOTE: With limited exceptions, our company is requiring all employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19 by Jan. 1, 2022. We also currently mandate vaccinations for employees who enter our buildings. Please keep this in mind when applying for positions at our organization.
The Business Intelligence (BI) Solutions Analyst is responsible for implementing reporting and analytical solutions across the enterprise by leveraging the “best-fit” business intelligence technology solution. The BI Solutions Analyst will design, develop, test, implement, and maintain business intelligence solutions that enable better data-driven decision making. The ideal candidate will have a strong passion and understanding for data visualization techniques, modern business intelligence tools, and cloud based data architecture. The BI Solutions Analyst is expected to have a strong experience with Microsoft Power BI desktop both from a report and data development perspective. Experience with Azure Analytics, the Power Platform, Python, and data virtualization techniques would be a huge plus! If you think of yourself as more than just a BI Solutions Analyst and more like a Decision Driver, a Data Artist, or a Data Storyteller then please apply and help us enable the organization to make better data-driven decisions!
Under the guidance of the Director, Business Intelligence, this position is responsible for all aspects of implementing and supporting BI applications including:
• Gathers and analyzes business requirements for BI solutions for external employer groups and internal business units (Finance, Claims, Marketing, Sales, etc.).
• Uses established BI practices and methodology, defines and develops BI solutions including reports, analyses, cubes, portals, events, etc to support the customer requirements and Health Plan business strategies.
• Adheres to and works to improve the BI development lifecycle as BI solutions and applications are developed and implemented.
• Works actively to increase the BI competency throughout the Health Plan BI user community through user education and mentoring. Develops appropriate training documentation.
• Uses data modeling and database architecture techniques and tools, develops comprehensive metadata for optimal BI utilization.
• Consistently demonstrates high standards of integrity by supporting the Lifetime Healthcare Companies’ mission and values, adhering to the Corporate Code of Conduct, and Leading to the Lifetime Way values and beliefs.
• Maintains high regard for member privacy in accordance with the corporate privacy policies and procedures.
• Regular and reliable attendance is expected and required.
• Performs other functions as assigned by management.
Levels I – V – Demonstrates increased skill level in core skills as follows.
• As assigned, develops BI solutions, researches and resolves BI application and data issues
• Responsible for assignments and service requests related to one line of business or department.
• Creates and maintains appropriate documentation identifying what enhancements and/or requirements/specifications have been made and/or requested.
• Utilizes established standards and requirements, delivers BI solutions according to specifications.
• Performs effective testing to ensure functionality and verify results.
Level II - In addition to Level I responsibilities:
• Responsible for assignments related to multiple lines of business or multiple departments.
• Interacts with business area partners on a 1:1 basis for purposes such as requirements gathering, acceptance testing and training.
• Focuses on growth in a specific concentration. Concentrations include but are not limited to the following:
o Data Mining and Warehousing
o Business Analyst
o Database Analysis & Development
o Development Lead
o Solution Architect
o Web Development
• Proactively identifies and addresses risks on system before they become systems issues.
Level III - In addition to Level II responsibilities:
• Responsible for larger assignments crossing lines of business, and ability to influence and present to managers and above.
• Serves as a BI subject matter expert and mentor to the organization on the use of BI tools.
• Assists in development of presentations as a technical or subject matter expert.
• Identifies and documents best practices and makes recommendations for standards improvement.
• Interacts regularly with business area partners at a manager level, presenting recommendations and statuses.
• Proactively identifies system risks/issues as they occur and provides recommendations for remediation.
Level IV - In addition to Level III responsibilities:
• Responsible for strategic BI assignments crossing a multiple lines of business, and the ability to influence and present to senior management.
• Advises others of technical/business directions, issues and needs and defines and leads training seminars.
• Develops strategies to meet organization and business goals with Business Intelligence technologies
• Interacts regularly with business area partners at director/VP level, presenting recommendations and statuses.
• Considers risk and impacts of development across organization.
Level V - In addition to Level IV responsibilities:
• Is recognized as organization’s SME in key analytic capability and/or data source of strategic importance to the enterprise.
• Mentors and provides guidance to teams of BI professionals.
• Uses innovative thinking to help customers envision and define future state of Business Intelligence solutions and capabilities.
We include multiple levels of classification differentiated by demonstrated knowledge, skills, and the ability to manage increasingly independent and/or complex assignments, broader responsibility, additional decision making, and in some cases, becoming a resource to others. In addition to using this differentiated approach to place new hires, it also provides guideposts for employee development and promotional opportunities.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or relevant field (or four additional years related work experience in lieu of bachelors).
• Related work experience (i.e. Co-ops/Internships) preferred.
• Understanding of data warehousing and database design.
• Strong analytical skills and abilities.
• Demonstrated skills in quality principles especially root cause analysis and problem solving.
• Demonstrated business and technical problem solving skills.
• Demonstrated analytical and business process development skills.
• Understanding of application delivery, management structures, and reporting procedures and expertise in SQL and SAS programming and reporting.
• Good written and verbal communication skills.
Level II - All qualifications of Level I in addition to:
• Three years related work experience.
• Demonstrated experience with Data Warehousing in an Oracle environment.
Level III - All qualifications of Level II in addition to:
• Five years related work experience.
• Training facilitation skills.
• Ability to facilitate effective presentations to front line management staff.
Level IV - All qualifications of Level III in addition to:
• Eight years related work experience.
• Ability to facilitate effective presentations to senior management.
• Viewed as a technical expert in the field.
Level V - All qualifications of Level IV in addition to:
• Eleven years of related work experience.
• Ability facility effective presentations to all levels of the organization.
• Ability to travel across regions.
The Lifetime Healthcare Companies aims to attract the best talent from diverse socioeconomic, cultural and experiential backgrounds, to diversify our workforce and best reflect the communities we serve.
Our mission is to foster an environment where diversity and inclusion are explicitly recognized as fundamental parts of our organizational culture. We believe that diversity of thought and background drives innovation which enables us to provide leading-edge healthcare insurance and services. With that mission in mind, we recruit the best candidates from all communities, to diversify and strengthen our workforce.
OUR COMPANY CULTURE:
Employees are united by our Lifetime Way Values & Behaviors that include compassion, pride, excellence, innovation and having fun! We aim to be an employer of choice by valuing workforce diversity, innovative thinking, employee development, and by offering competitive compensation and benefits.
In support of the Americans with Disabilities Act, this job description lists only those responsibilities and qualifications deemed essential to the position.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
4 days ago
12 days ago
8 minutes ago
30+ days ago
OLDCASTLE INFRASTRUCTURE, INC.
30+ days ago
Samuel, Son & Co. (USA) Inc.