Posted in General Business 30+ days ago.
Every Exelixis employee is united in an ambitious cause: to launch innovative medicines that give patients and their families hope for the future. In this pursuit, we know our employees are our most valuable asset. After operating in the challenging biotech sector for 25 years, we have a proven track record of resiliency in the face of adversity. The success of our lead product has provided a solid commercial foundation allowing us to reinvigorate our research efforts, and grow our team in areas such as Drug Discovery, Clinical Development and Commercial.
As we expand our global partnerships and further reinvest in R&D to help us discover the next breakthrough for difficult-to-treat cancers, we're seeking to add talented, dedicated employees to power our mission.
Cancer is our cause. Make it yours, too.
The Sr Director, IT SDLC is responsible for ensuring that IT system development and service management processes are implemented appropriately in corresponding service management, and agile project management toolsets. This senior leader owns all configuration, development and deployment of software that enables the managing and tracking of system development and issue tracking. This is a leadership position that needs to partner with the Agile PMO to influence cross-functionally in IT, as well as across business and technology stakeholders.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Develop and implement a strategy and roadmap for organizational excellence in how we implement tools that enable our system development methodology
• Own the overall lifecycle of supporting tools that enable system development and service management
• Work with business stakeholders and technology partners to define processes for SDLC methodology, Service Management, Case Management, Knowledge Management, Incident, Problem, Request, Change Management and CMDB
• Select, implement, and maintain a toolset that delivers upon the required capabilities of Exelixis IT's SDLC methodology
• Lead continual service improvement and ongoing process maturity through regular reviews of the process and tools, trend analysis and metrics reporting and through regular engagement with stakeholders
• Ensure configuration of tools enable agility and required reporting and governance
• Foster continuous service delivery optimization and improvement
• Identify resources and sourcing of SDLC operations support
• Develop self-auditing and compliance capabilities around SDLC
• Define and implement a strategy to drive adoption of agile PMO tools and operational best practices
• Provide direction to other individuals.
• Supervises staff, including hiring, scheduling and assigning work, reviewing performance, and
recommends salary increases, promotions, transfers, demotions, or terminations.
• Manages others through subordinate supervisors.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE/KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
• Bachelor's degree in related discipline and fifteen years of related experience; or
• Master's degree in related discipline and thirteen years of related experience; or
• PhD degree in related discipline and twelve years of related experience; or
• Equivalent combination of education and experience
• Demonstrated experience and success leading diverse teams
• Experience with one or more agile or lean methodologies
• Program management skills and experience
• Experience successfully executing programs that meet the objectives of excellence in a dynamic business environment
• Exceptional leadership skills with the ability to develop and communicate the strategic vision, inspire and motivate the staff
• Functional knowledge and implementation experience of IT Service Management (ITSM) frameworks and ITIL Foundation Certificate
• Distinctive blend of business, IT, financial and communication skills
• Strategic leader and builder of both vision and bridges, and able to energize the appropriate teams in the organization
• Deep functional and technical knowledge of the ITIL workflow platforms such as ServiceNow or others
• Critical thinking and analysis of existing processes, program level changes and support organization design and structure to provide feedback and guidance on continuous improvement
• Thorough planning and tracking skills, well-organized, focused on results, capable of managing multiple projects, excellent time management with respect to priorities and self-management
• Excellent judgement and problem-solving skills, including negotiation and conflict resolution
• Ability to leverage both internal and external resources to expedite and deliver projects
• Ability to work in a team environment, create timelines, and continually make necessary adjustments
• Focuses on the 'why' as much as the 'what' and 'how'
• Excellent writing, presentation, and oral communication skills
• Active listening skills
• Environment: primarily working in an office environment
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.
about 1 hour ago
Keep Your Seats Filled
about 8 hours ago
Wind River Systems
about 8 hours ago
Wind River Systems
3 minutes ago
AVI Systems Inc.
9 minutes ago
First PREMIER Bank
30+ days ago
COMMUNITY TRUST BANK INC