Posted in Drivers 11 days ago.
We are seeking a part-time and full-time Bus Driver. This position schedules, plans, and organizes the daily transportation service for the residents at the community over specified routes to local or distant points according to time schedule. NEW PAY RATE STARTING at $17.80/hour. We welcome YOU to Work with Excellence and Serve with Heart. EEO/DFWP "We honor those who have served."
BUS DRIVER ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Comply with all applicable rules, policies, standards and guidelines related to employment with Westminster Services and its communities.
1. Inspect company vehicles for defects and safe operating condition before, during and after trips. Complete the vehicle “Log” after each trip or at the end of the scheduled outing.
2. Apply knowledge of commercial driving and skills in maneuvering vehicles at varying speeds in difficult situations, such as heavy traffic, inclement weather, etc. Must be able to operate the company vehicle in all types of weather and conditions. This includes going forward and backing up long distances, around corners, and in and around very tight areas.
3. Report all accidents and incidents involving drivers or company vehicles.
4. Operate the controls of the Handicap Lift – assist residents when utilizing the lift. Secure wheelchairs utilizing the “Shure-lock” wheelchair tie down system on the bus.
5. Assist residents on and off the vehicles and during scheduled outings.
6. Safely operate company vehicle and follow traffic laws/regulations/local ordinances/FDOT regulations when operating the company vehicle.
7. Assist with the preventive maintenance of the company vehicles.
BUS DRIVER ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS:
Education and Experience:
Must posses a valid CDL License with a Passenger Endorsement.
Must provide copy of a valid Medical Card (CDL).
Must have knowledge of DOT regulations governing safe driving, hours of service, inspections and maintenance.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Must posses a valid FL driver’s license free of driving violations or offences.
Must be able to lift up to 60 lbs.
Must have received at least the first dose of the COVID 19 vaccine.
See job description
9 minutes ago
10 minutes ago
10 minutes ago