Posted in Other 10 days ago.
As a not-for-profit organization, Mass General Brigham is committed to supporting patient care, research, teaching, and service to the community by leading innovation across our system. Founded by Brigham and Women's Hospital and Massachusetts General Hospital, Mass General Brigham supports a complete continuum of care including community and specialty hospitals, a managed care organization, a physician network, community health centers, home care and other health-related entities. Several of our hospitals are teaching affiliates of Harvard Medical School, and our system is a national leader in biomedical research.
We're focused on a people-first culture for our system's patients and our professional family. That's why we provide our employees with more ways to achieve their potential. Mass General Brigham is committed to aligning our employees' personal aspirations with projects that match their capabilities and creating a culture that empowers our managers to become trusted mentors. We support each member of our team to own their personal development-and we recognize success at every step.
Our employees use the Mass General Brigham values to govern decisions, actions and behaviors. These values guide how we get our work done: Patients, Affordability, Accountability & Service Commitment, Decisiveness, Innovation & Thoughtful Risk; and how we treat each other: Diversity & Inclusion, Integrity & Respect, Learning, Continuous Improvement & Personal Growth, Teamwork & Collaboration.
Mass General Brigham Innovation is a 150-person business development unit responsible for the worldwide commercial application of the breakthroughs and unique capabilities of the System's 80,000 employees and faculty. It drives revenue generation and patient benefit through industry col-laborations, investing, company creation, licensing, and innovation management for the System's Har-vard Medical School appointed faculty and hospitals including its core Harvard affiliates -- Brigham and Women's Hospital, Massachusetts General Hospital, Massachusetts Eye and Ear and McLean Hospital.
The Innovation Communications and Marketing Specialist is responsible for creating and managing marketing, engagement, and PR/communications programs to further innovation growth throughout the System, promoting awareness of the System's innovation breakthroughs, and encouraging innova-tor engagement and education. Requires contemporary engagement skills including general and B2B marketing, internal and external communications, digital and social media, media relations, event management, project management and measurement. Member of the World Medical Innovation Fo-rum (WMIF) planning team with responsibility for direct email marketing, branding and related pro-motional advertising. Must be highly creative, skilled at working in a large matrixed organization, able to deliver high-quality outcomes, work well under compressed timelines and effectively navigate change. Interacts frequently with senior leadership and external executives, entrepreneurs and inves-tors.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
Marketing, Communications & Engagement (reports directly to the Director, Innovation Marketing and Communications).
• Creates communications plan to educate and engage innovators from throughout MGB on the commercialization process. Builds related content development process (campaigns, materi-als, programming) working with Innovation team and MGB communicators.
• Project manages the annual update to the Innovator's Commercialization Guide and develops related materials for ongoing promotion and communications based on innovators' needs.
• Develops engagement projects, programs, collateral materials, dedicated faculty outreach presentations, and workshops, webinars, or other events. Identifies ways to promote content on Innovation social media and across MGB.
• Assists in developing the Innovation website working closely with the Innovation communica-tions team.
• Liaison with graphic design resources
World Medical Innovation Forum:
• Serves on core Forum planning team, working with the event steering committee and team members from the lead event sponsor.
• Manages World Medical Innovation Forum email marketing, digital advertising, list manage-ment, video production.
• Assists in developing the World Medical Innovation Forum website and collateral materials, in-cluding long-term content plan and execution including writing and editing, branding, and measurement. Manages related graphic design resources and linkage to the event app and other Forum processes such as registration.
• Develops a strategic content plan for promoting the annual World Medical Innovation Forum to existing database and prospects, including content calendar and direct email pieces, work-ing with the graphics design agency. Produces 1-2 direct email pieces per week in the 3-4 months leading up to the Forum.
• Works with communications team to create post-WMIF communications plan to maximize use of existing content throughout the year.
• Identifies and assists with marketing and lead-development opportunities in conjunction with Licensing, the Strategic Innovation leaders and the MGB Ventures team and communications manager.
• Maximizes content by multi-purposing across Innovation, MGB and Research Institute com-munications vehicles system-wide.
• Builds network of key innovators and communicators throughout MGB
Qualifications, Skills, Abilities and Competencies
• 5-7 years experience in communications and/or marketing, preferably in healthcare/biotech, hospital communications, PR agency or related field. Bachelor's degree required, preferably in marketing, communications, journalism, or related field.
• Proven experience and measurable outcomes in marketing and communications planning, ex-ecution and measurement, and agency/vendor relationship management
• Experience in website development and social media strategy and execution in a professional setting
• Ability to build peer relationships and system-level network to further development of com-munications/marketing opportunities
• Awareness and understanding of external trends and opportunities pertaining to healthcare innovation/venture
• High creativity and enthusiasm for healthcare/biotech breakthroughs
• Collaborative team player, problem solver
• Well-organized with attention to detail and commitment to quality outcomes
• Works well under pressure, shifting deadlines, and complexity
• Professional demeanor and ability to work well with C-Suite level staff
Mass General Brigham is an Equal Opportunity Employer. By embracing diverse skills, perspectives and ideas, we choose to lead. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, national origin, sex, age, gender identity, disability, sexual orientation, military service, genetic information, and/or other status protected under law. We will ensure that all individuals with a disability are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.
Mass General Brigham(PHS)
Mass General Brigham(PHS)
Mass General Brigham(PHS)