Posted in Other 8 days ago.
At Wentworth-Douglass, we value people who contribute to patient-centered care that enhances community health; we recognize and reward those who share our values and transform our patients' lives. We invite you to explore opportunities, cultivate community wellness and professional growth.
1.Demonstrates competence in the performance of maintaining and operating hospital courier vehicles.
a.Performs general pre-trip inspection for safe operation: Review over all body for any damage.
b.Requests work order for Courier vehicle maintenance affecting the safe operation of the vehicle; schedules maintenance based upon mileage and inspection month.
c.Demonstrates competence / ability to operate any hospital designated courier vehicle. Operates vehicle safely in accordance with local and state laws and hospital policy LD-20. Demonstrates good driving skills 98% of the time by having no vehicle incidents as identified either in police reports or Hospital occurrences.
d.Secures transported materials to avoid damage, locking vehicle when parked to secure transported medical information or supplies. Does not leave vehicle idling unless due to extreme weather conditions.
e.Washes vehicle and maintains vehicle when needed to reflect a positive Hospital impression. Annually has vehicle detailed cleaned to include vacuuming, washing and or conditioning interior.
f.Daily cleans hospital courier vehicle of any debris / trash at the end of shift.
2.Demonstrates good work habits as related to courier work duties.
.Adheres to daily assigned pick up and delivery defined schedule. Can perform any other schedule as requested.
a.Courteous and professional while performing Courier duties
b.Demonstrates efficient knowledge of pickup/ delivery location and protocol as established by each site.
c.Performs daily assigned schedule using the best route to accomplish all required stops on an assigned shift, providing daily documentation for same.
d.Responsible to keep track of hospital equipment and cell phones.
3.Demonstrates proficient communication skills while performing courier duties.
.Responds to or returns cell phone calls within 5 minutes of call. Using Bluetooth or hands free technology, or safely getting out of traffic when necessary.
a.Daily checks communication - via. email, board or any other messaging device.
b.Communicates meeting attendance exception by being either unable to or late to.
c.Communicates unscheduled pickup / deliveries to appropriate team member to ensure completion of call and to minimize disruption to scheduled service.
4.Supports Materiel Management functions as directed.
.Delivers materials to hospital departments noting and performing all established criteria including return of signed delivery documents daily.
a.Empties and removes accumulated cardboard as necessary.
b.Picks up and delivers posted and external departmental mail to appropriate hospital mail slot.
c.Performs additional Materiel Management functions as directed.
Experience Minimum Required
• Courier truck/van operation
• Commercial delivery
Education Minimum Required
• HS or GED; Valid Driver License
• NH Defensive Driving Training.
• Commercial Drivers License.
• Experience handling Bio-hazardous, precautionary materials.
Licensure and/or Certifications Required
• Drivers License
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
• The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
about 19 hours ago
Clinical Management Consultants
about 23 hours ago
about 23 hours ago
Roswell Park Cancer Institute
Rehrig Pacific Company