Description: Our client is currently seeking a Director NetSuite Software Development
The Director of NetSuite Software Development plays a vital role in overseeing all software engineering, support, and administration of the NetSuite system.
Development work is shared between internal employees and external vendors and is comprised of a mixture of different types of changes including:
- NetSuite Forms, Reports and Searches
- Custom Suitescript and Workflows
- VueJS-based apps
- Integrations with external systems, especially AWS
This is a "hands-on" management role, with the expectation the Development Director will be involved in reviewing coding changes, resolving technical blockers, participating in technical analysis, mentoring, and training as well as handling support issues directly where possible.
This role also has a strong focus on manufacturing processes relating to item customization and decoration - NetSuite and supporting apps drive an entire multi-step production process from initial work order to shipment of the final product. Solutions need to consider roles of production floor workers, capabilities of machinery, exception-handling for special orders, and overall efficiency of processes.
The Development Director plays a pivotal role in functioning as the "facilitator" between business requests and technical resources, managing all inbound work requests, tracking of support issues, prioritizing efforts with business, and tracking work demand vs available labor.
Off-hour's support required when needed for production support or other activities that cannot occur during business hours.
- Oversee strategic initiatives based on NetSuite
- Work with IT Management and Architects to ensure alignment of future directions
- Manage contract relationship with Oracle / NetSuite
- Create and maintain visibility into the backlog of change requests showing which are being actively worked and resource alignments to project labor availability
- Ensure daily that "blockers" for internal and external development work are being identified and addressed
- Ensure all software delivery meets expectations of quality and completeness of delivery
- Work closely with software engineers to establish and refine technical best practices and maintain continuity of software engineering delivery
- Coordinate regularly with external vendors for outsourced software efforts
- Work closely with business to ensure that all support requests are being appropriately tracked and prioritized
- Ensure all company HR rules are being enforced - Conduct annual reviews - identify areas of growth opportunities with staff
- Implement changes as defined in project and support ticketing queues
- Support QA testing, resolve defect tickets
- Adhere to all release management and version control policies in place
- Be available for production support escalations as needed
- Must be well-versed in supply chain business processes (i.e. order fulfillment lifecycle from customer PO to invoice settlement, returns processing, inventory management, etc...)
- Ideal candidate possesses strong multi-year experience in the promotional product / custom imprint industry
- Experience designing or supporting manufacturing systems and processes
- 5+ years of experience managing technical resources
- 5+ years of designing and documenting technical solutions based on business requirements/requests
- Solid understanding of production release mechanics and release processes
- Must know GIT
- Experience with Azure or AWS strongly desirable
This job and many more are available through The Judge Group. Find us on the web at www.judge.com