Summary/Purpose: Responsible for scheduling plant production capacity with the objective of optimizing the use of human, machine, and material assets while maintaining on time order fulfillment.
Essential Job Responsibilities and Duties:
Promotes worker safety by:
- Stresses safe working practices as a condition of employment to
- Assist in audits of employee behaviors to ensure compliance with safety rules and
- Participates actively on the plant-wide safety
- Works in concert with Corporate Materials Procurement, plant supervision, and customer service to meet objectives of:
- On time order fulfillment
- Minimize product changeovers on machinery
- Maximize inventory turns. (FIFO, Min/Max Quantities)
- Calculates and maintains a current file of economic run quantities by sku.
- Participates in improvement projects such as, but not limited to:
- Increases in efficiency and line utilization.
- Changeover time reduction
- Increase run speeds
- Capital improvements
- Quality improvement-
- Waste Reduction (Material Usage Variances)
- Work with QC Manager, Process Manager and Procurement on new products, sample requests and customer related issues.
- Scheduling of all Lot Charges (sample orders) Research and Development test runs (manufacturing
- experiments) and Preventive Maintenance, including customer and internal Sales communications
- Tracking and reporting of KPI's for delivery performance.
- Manages monthly and annual Physical Inventory procedure.
- Ensures raw material and production orders are ordered and delivered on time to support production schedule
- Initiate material transfers from outside warehouses.
- Schedule production in most cost-effective manner, considering in-stock inventory, scheduled downtime, sales forecasts, in-house orders, manning and capacity constraints.
- Maintain communications with the proper disciplines (Forming, Extrusion, Maintenance, Supervision and Customer Service) to be ready to respond to any unscheduled changes or machine breakdowns.
- Maintain a daily scheduling status and communicate information to Customer Service and other departments as indicated.
- Assists with trafficking and routing approved LN Work Orders to production, quality, and shipping areas.
Non-Essential Job Duties: Performs other duties that may be assigned.
Job Qualifications, Equipment and/or Experience:
Experience with direct responsibility for planning and scheduling resources within a complex manufacturing
- Good interpersonal, organization and communication
- Demonstrated ability to work with coworkers from various disciplines within the organization to accomplish
Strong computer skills; demonstrated ability to learn and operate within a multi user MRP
- Ability to operate and communicate effectively in person, over the telephone, and in groups, under normal and stressful conditions with customers, associates, and
- Lean Six Sigma training or certification a
- Prefer a Bachelor degree in related field.