Posted in General Business 30+ days ago.
What we do here changes the world. UTHealth Houston is Texas' resource for healthcare education, innovation, scientific discovery, and excellence in patient care. That's where you come in.
UTHealth Department of Psychiatry & Behavioral Sciences is hiring a Clinician I to join their team of professionals as they expand their child mental health services to meet the needs of trauma exposed children and adolescents in community. This expansion will target school aged youth who have experienced traumatic events, such as abuse, neglect, witnessing violence, separation and loss, chronic medical conditions, physical injuries.
Preferences : Experience implementing evidence-based practice in child mental health interventions and conducting mental health interventions in trauma exposed families. Bilingual applicants encouraged to apply.
Once you join us you won't want to leave. It's because we reward our team for the excellent service they provide. Our total rewards package includes the benefits you'd expect from a top healthcare organization (benefits, insurance, etc.), plus:
Provides professional case management and clinical therapeutic services focused on overseeing the care of patients.
Position Key Accountabilities:
1. Provides indirect services to patients. Acts as an advocate for the patient/family with the treatment team.
2. Provides direct services to patients including: biopsychosocial/psychosocial assessment, and treatment that includes: individual, group and family therapy, crisis intervention and treatment planning.
3. Provides oversight of patient's care, progress in treatment, and progress; this is accomplished through feedback to and from the patient, significant others, the treatment team, and community resources.
4. Works with a multidisciplinary treatment team to develop an individualized treatment. Works closely with physicians in identifying diagnoses to assist in the treatment process. Develops a treatment plan that will support patient's ongoing recovery and development.
5. Assesses the psychosocial functioning of patients throughout the treatment program; conducts interviews with patients and significant others to determine assets as well as challenges to optimal patient functioning both while in the program.
6. Establishes and maintains relationships with community resources to assist with patient's medical needs for on-going treatment, residence, financial support, transportation, education, and vocational rehabilitation.
7. Refers patients and family to community resources.
8. Applies for court ordered mental health services for patients unable or unwilling to consent to treatment deemed necessary to protect the life of the patient or others. Presents to the Probate Court, both in writing and in oral testimony, reports of the specific patients behaviors prompting the request for involuntary admissions for services.
9. Training and experience treating children and families exposed to traumatic events.
10. Experience implementing evidence-based practice in child mental health interventions.
11. Bilingual applicants encouraged to apply.
12. Other duties as assigned.
Current license from the Texas Board of Social Work Examiners to practice as a Licensed Master Social Worker (LMSW), Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC), or Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW).
Master's degree in a behavioral science.
One year of experience in a mental health setting.
Exerts up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 20 pounds frequently and/or up to 10 pounds constantly to move objects.
This job class may contain positions that are security sensitive and thereby subject to the provisions of Texas Education Code § 51.215
Admin - Clerical
about 1 hour ago
about 1 hour ago
about 2 hours ago
Cotton Holdings Inc.
30+ days ago
12 minutes ago
32 minutes ago
Edward D. Jones