Posted in General Business 30+ days ago.
Now's your chance to join a winning team!!
Job Title: Room Chef
Department: Food & Beverage
Reports To: Executive Chef
Supervise(s): Production Lead, Kitchen Supervisor, Utility Cook, Cook I, Cook II and Cook III
Room Chef is responsible to support the Executive Chef in the successful production of raw and/or cooked food products for culinary restaurant operations at Horseshoe Indianapolis Racing and Casino.
Position will be engaged in the preparation of and cooking of all food for consumptions by guests in high volume restaurants. Coaches staff on the preparation of all menu items, company standards and procedures.
Obtains optimum efficiency and economy of operations and maximizes profits by performing assigned duties personally or through subordinate staff. Development of menus, SOP's for safe and efficient preparation of food utilizing various cooking techniques and equipment, i.e. station set up, prep work, frying, sautéing, griddling, brazing, carving, broiling, boiling, and steaming all meats, fish, vegetables, wild game and poultry producing soups, stocks, sauces, cold salads, sandwiches, cold displays, salad dressings, slicing deli meats and cheese for consumption by guests, as well as other duties as assigned. in the service of guest in a restaurant environment by the greeting and seating of guests as they enter or exit the restaurant, handle money transaction as payment for product and services provided in the restaurant, including server station rotation, managing wait times, clearing of tables, check transactions i.e. cash, credit card, comp, players club points, and travelers check transactions, as well as other duties as assigned.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Responsible for practicing, supporting, and promoting Indiana Grand Casino's company-wide culture and demonstrating excellent service standards at all times. Responsibilities including but not limited to:
• Safe efficient production of food products including quality and quantity control, par levels, food storage, and product rotation, cutting, slicing, sauté, frying, mixing, grilling, mixing, etc. as well as inventory, reporting, record keeping, menu engineering, etc.
• Assist with set up and operation of multiple outlets in Indiana Grand Casino, coach hourly, and Sous Chef culinary employees for cross utilization of labor and upward mobility opportunities.
• Shared financial responsibility through responsible efforts controlling labor, menu offerings, financials, Inventories, waste, etc., coordinate planning, budgeting, and purchasing.
• Develop, follow, and train on Standard Operational Procedures (SOP's) and production list to meet required par levels and specifications for assigned station or duties at Indiana Grand Casino holds individual accountability to ensure common goals and guest experience is achieved daily.
• Displays, coaches and maintains standards of sanitation, kitchen and personal hygiene and cleanliness, as well as food service techniques and safety all with regard to the safe handling of food products for guest's consumption.
• Display and train on knowledge of all emergency procedures including familiarity with MSDS (Material Safety Data Sheets) for chemical usage.
• Communicate on a consistent basis with supervising Chef keeping them abreast of all department activities, and ensure that kitchen and equipment are in good working order and that the work area is clean and hazard-free. Notify proper department immediately if kitchen and equipment are not in good, safe working order to schedule or arrange for repairs or corrections.
• Possess the ability to work with co-workers in any kitchen environment and display, coach, mentor others to like behavior ensuring guest receive highest quality products and service at Indiana Grand Casino.
High School Diploma or GED required. College degree, culinary arts degree or equivalent relevant experience required as well as three (3) years experience in the food service industry as a Room Chef or similar position emphasis on multi-unit operations.
Position requires the ability to successfully set up any outlets within Horseshoe Indianapolis Racing and Casino, run both (back of house) restaurant operations to ensure highest quality product, with advanced food knowledge consisting of Sous Chef plus advanced cooking styles and offerings, techniques, specialty raw products and use, menu engineering (development) and moderate knowledge of wine, spirit and food pairing, experience in banquet production, Ability to read, write, speak and understand English, distinguish letters, numbers, and symbols as well as be involved in daily professional communication with co-workers and guests.
Position requires experience using MS Office Suite, working with computers as well as math skills; understand Profit & Loss Statement and the ability to measure, estimate, and multi task.
Must Possess proper knife skills, advanced food knowledge inclusive of specifications (size, shape, color, package size, weight, growing season, origin, seasonal availability, seasonings, specialty products, use, and styling) as defined by hiring management.
The position requires the trained use of kitchen equipment such as knives, stoves, ovens, fryers, steamers, choppers, grinders, mixers, sealers, braziers, tilt kettles, etc.
Must be able to demonstrate and ensure that daily work performed is conducted within HACCP guidelines. Required to comply with safe and hazard free work environment practices stipulated in Horseshoe Indianapolis Racing and Casino, County/State/Federal Department of Health and OSHA policies, procedures and regulations. Required to comply with safe and hazard free work environment practices stipulated in Horseshoe Indianapolis Racing Casino, County/State/Federal Department of Health and OSHA policies, procedures and regulations.
Position requires employee to be at least 21 years of age, and be certified in Serve Safe Food Sanitation and hold an Indiana Gaming Commission Occupational License. Position requires scheduling flexibility, may be required to work weekends, holidays, overnight, or overtime, based upon scheduling and business needs.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The position requires the ability to lift up to 50 lbs, push or pull 150 to 250 lbs on a pushcart, and enter walk-ins of -10 degrees to 140 degrees Fahrenheit with or without assistance. Handle heat from cooking appliances, food and dish/glass/ware washing machines. The position also requires normal or corrected vision range, with the ability to distinguish letters, numbers, and symbols. Ability to stand for duration of shift walk frequently, bend and/or reach to a height of 6 feet with or without assistance (stand, sit, walk, lift, reach, push, pull, grasp).
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Work is performed indoors and/or outdoors and involves continuous exposure to high and low temperatures, sunlight, fluorescent light, wet surfaces and noise. Work may entail trained chemical usage and constant contact with fellow employees and guests. Work is typically in an area, which may be unusually hot, cold, noisy, and may contain cigar, cigarette, or cooking smoke. Work may be performed in small areas with a 3 ft. wide access.
Tasks will be performed from a primarily non-sitting position (approx 95% standing, walking and 5% sitting). Employees will be required to navigate safely on potentially slippery floors. Tasks include the maintenance and care of assigned area or any tasks assigned by senior management. Indiana Grand Casino is a smoking establishment, therefore must be able to work in a smoking environment. Must be able to work in a highly populated fast-paced and noisy environment.
ACCESS TO GAMING FLOOR
Access to general gaming floor
This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that an Employee in this position may be asked to perform from time to time. Duties and responsibilities can be changed, expanded, reduced or delegated by management to meet the business needs of Horseshoe Indianapolis Racing and Casino. Signature below signifies acknowledgment, receipt and comprehension of this job description.
about 10 hours ago
about 10 hours ago
1 day ago
First Financial Bank