Posted in Other 3 days ago.
7041 - CarMax Shockoe - 140 Virginia Street, Richmond, Virginia, 23219
CarMax, the way your career should be!
Our Manager, UX Research will orchestrate research activities across product teams to maximize shared learnings, ensure that we effectively evolve our product research toolkit and educate our product teams in research best practices. This role will also partner directly with our brand strategy and customer insight teams to identify research opportunities that drive differentiation, align brand and design targets, and stay ahead of emerging customer and market trends.
As a key contributor to our omnichannel vision you will need to foster collaboration and translate customer insights into actionable visual artifacts that drive experience planning. In partnership with Product, Strategy and IT, you will also act as a research coach to help establish discovery best practices across our product organization.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Assess needs of teams for ongoing research education--sharing applications and methods based on industry best practices and emerging learnings
· Establish a research development program for associates grounded in core discovery methods and tuned to the specific needs of our product teams
· Manage discovery research subscriptions and applications including licenses, permissions and repository management
· Create a program to capture and distribute discovery findings across product teams and pro-actively alert product team members to shared discovery opportunities
· Collaborate (and lead/facilitate collaboration) with Product Managers, Designers, Analysts and Developers throughout the discovery, design and development process
· Create visual artifacts to articulate, inform and validate ideas with consumers and stakeholders (prototypes, wireframes, sketches, journey maps, personas, etc.)
· Stay current on all the tools, principles and practices in user-centered design and development, and drive for continuous improvement
· Passion for technology, design, and product, as well as the drive to stay on top of industry trends and best practices
· Persuasive communicator - able to explain complex or intangible concepts to stakeholders at all levels
· Good listener - weighs input from multiple perspectives when forming opinions and recommendations
· Collaborative and team-oriented work approach
· Solid understanding of user-centered design processes and ability to balance customer needs with business goals in developing solutions
· Experience facilitating brainstorming and product discovery sessions and getting consensus among a large, diverse group of stakeholders
· Experience conducting and leveraging user research
· Strong UX Design principles and deliverables, including rapid prototyping, site maps, information architecture, user personas, wireframes, flows, etc.
· Ability to convert ideas quickly into design artifacts
· Strong critical thinking and analysis skills
· Able to train and mentor others in UX design methodologies and best practices
· Experience with Agile development processes
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
· 5-7 years of experience within the field of user experience and interaction design/development preferred
· BA/BS degree
· Portfolio or work samples showcasing UX research, methods, tools and findings
· Experience in teaching role and/or conference presentations a plus
· Have an advanced understanding of:
· Usability and user research methods
· Data analysis
· Agile techniques and methods
· Presentation methods
· Design principles
· User-centered design process
· Collaboration techniques
· Digital technology
Upon an applicant's request, CarMax will consider reasonable accommodation to complete the CarMax Job Application.
Admin - Clerical
about 3 hours ago
Vector Security, Inc.
about 3 hours ago
about 5 hours ago
Flagstar Bank N.A
1 minute ago
3 minutes ago
3 minutes ago