at Grain Processing Corporation
Posted in Manufacturing 30+ days ago.
- Operate equipment and machinery for the manufacture of grain byproducts.
- Maintain good operating condition of all equipment.
- Identify and trouble shoot mechanical issues of equipment. Write work orders for mechanical or electrical repair as needed.
- Perform housekeeping duties to ensure a safe and clean work area.
- Work with minimal supervision to maintain the process flow and meet or exceed production schedules.
- Keep precise records of production, quality, and environmental impacts in daily log.
- Pull product samples and perform quality checks using calibrated equipment or measurement tools and record if applicable.
- Pull product samples and ensure that the lab inspector/runner delivers them to the lab in a timely manner. Communicate with QC lab personnel to ensure quality results are in spec.
- Perform work in accordance with all safety and environmental rules and regulations. Report potential incidents or actual incidents through the Incident Reporting Procedure.
- Assist with the handling, storage, and flow of finished product through the warehouse and packaging area.
- Facilitate or assist rail or truck loading and unloading of product.
- Perform other duties as needed to support the GPC operation.
- Assist other production operators throughout the plant when problems arise.
- Computer proficiency
- Speak, read, and write English
- Reasoning and problem solving skills
- Mechanical aptitude
- Ability to work independently
Non-climate controlled environment (working in and around heat and cold).
Be able to work in an environment with dust or dirt.
12 hour rotating shift operation – rotate from days to nights every two weeks. This includes nights, weekends, and holidays.
Must be able to climb ladders, stairs, and work at heights.
Must be able to work in confined spaces.
Must wear protective equipment (hard hat, steel or composite toe shoes/boots, safety glasses, ear protection, and respirator)
Smoke and tobacco free workplace
Ability to lift up to 55 lbs
See job description