Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Dean of Library
Library Services Dept
The Dean leads the library in its mission to meet the needs of Lamar University faculty, staff, and students, articulates a strategic vision, and serves as advocate for the library within the university and larger community.
The Dean of the University Library is the chief administrator for the Mary and John Gray Library. The Dean reports to the Associate Provost for Academic Affairs.
● Facilitates the continuing transformation of the Gray Library into a knowledge common that integrates diverse resources, seeks new opportunities, engages with the community, collaborates with university units, and sustains vibrant research and learning community.● Creates an environment that facilitates learning, research and scholarly activity with an understanding of innovative and traditional methods of information dissemination.● Establishes a shared vision that promotes the University's and the Gray Library's missions.● Implements a clear and concise strategic plan to advance that vision.● Supports a culture of collegiality and collaboration.● Communicates internally and externally regarding the Gray Library.● Develops strong relationships with Deans of other units, the Provost, President and other University administrators. Services on Academic Affairs Council and other committees and councils, as delegated by the Provost.● Develops and maintains good relationships with students, faculty, staff and the community.● Promotes and advocates for library programs that address the needs of students, staff, faculty, and the community.
● Works with library and department heads, as well as external sources, to identify, evaluate and implement programs that improve services and facilities, enhance the quality of resources and increase operational efficiency within the libraries.● Functions as chief fiscal officer and provides clear communication about the budget.● Delegates authority to others for specific administrative tasks.● Recruits, retains, and leads high-quality faculty and staff.● Creates an environment which supports professional advancement.● Acts as an advocate for the Gray Library and its faculty and staff.● Fosters professionalism and a positive work/learning environment in the Gray Library.● Enforces Lamar University, academic affairs, and Gray Library policies and regulations.
● Represents and promotes the Gray Library, formally and informally, to the University, community and the world.● As Library Dean, oversees the provision of information resources and services in support of students, faculty and staff at the Lamar Institute of Technology● Participates actively in local, state and national library organizations.
Knowledge and Abilities
● Broad and detailed knowledge of higher education and library management principles.● Ability to foster and maintain positive relationships with faculty, staff, and students.● Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously within shifting priorities.● Ability to meet timely and critical deadlines.● Ability to view problems and solutions from multiple perspectives, e.g., student, faculty, administrators.
● Excellent communication and presentation skills● Experience in the development of presentations, reports, and memoranda
● A terminal degree in library and information science from an ALA-accredited institution or international equivalent. Degree must be conferred at the time of application.● Three to five years of experience in library administration.● Three to five years of supervisory experience.
Lamar University is An Equal Opportunity Employer
Lamar University is proud to provide employment preference to veteran applicants in accordance with Texas 805 Government Code, Section 657.003.
● A Ph.D. or an additional advanced degree preferred. Degree must be conferred at the time of application.● Five to seven years of experience in library administration.● Five or more years of supervisory experience.
This position is security-sensitive and thereby subject to the provisions of the Texas Education Code §51.215, which authorizes the employer to obtain criminal history record information.
Deadline to Apply
The search committee will review applications until the position is filled; however, for best consideration, applications should be provided by January 1, 2024.
about 3 hours ago
The HEICO Companies, LLC
about 18 hours ago
Texas Materials Group Inc.
about 18 hours ago
Lamar Institute of Technology
1 minute ago
Cenovus Energy Inc.
8 minutes ago
14 minutes ago
Eurofins Lancaster Laboratories Inc.